Deranged's HPOP Unveiled

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Well it has been kept a secret at the request of several folks, basically, because we wanted to make sure it works the way its supposed to first. Well, although it has not been fired on my truck yet, it has been run in one other truck, and it runs beautifully. The truck has 275 injectors, and was running out of HP oil down to 1700 or so PSI on WOT runs. Apparently the new pump pegs the gauge at 4000 PSI and holds that all the way till you get scared. LOL The pump has been designed and tested by Bob Riley at Diesel site. Bob has been working on this pump for a very long time, and had asked that I not disclose that info till he knew it worked. He did not want to sell a pump, that did not work. I am not sure when Bob will release the final version, but its not just a pump, its a whole new way to get the oil to the oil rails. It will be on my truck at TS if anyone wants to check it out, and if the stars and moons align, :bang, it will run. Bob will probably tell more about the pump, but basically here is what I do know. The single pump, puts out substantially more oil than the DUAL pump puts out for the 7.3:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:, Yip you read that right, this thing moves some oil. Its gonna be tested on my truck and were gonna put it through everything we can before its released for sale. Its been great working with Bob, and his wife. They are genuinely good people. Thanks for your patience while we worked out the bugs. Stay tuned for the updates. It looks like fueling a 6.0 to whatever your bottom end can handle is here. :cheer:

:rockwoot: Sounds pretty sweet. Look forward to hearing more!

So what needed to be "corrected" in the engine? Is it still using the stock LPOP?

Yes it still uses the stock Lpop. The system I have is for Race only type of engines. The "Smaller" pump I believe will be a drop in Pump. These are questions Bob will need to answer.

If yours is race only, what can the rest of us (who just want hot street/tow trucks) expect?

A bunch of oil. I am not sure what Bob has planned. The system I am using requires 04.5 and newer rails, and a Passenger side valve cover for both sides.

Hmmmm sounds interesting. Does this Bob character frequent comp D?

Bob is a member here, but he spends little time. He is a member on PSN though and spends more time.

Ok now getting back to this statement:

Well, although it has not been fired on my truck yet, it has been run in one other truck, and it runs beautifully. The truck has 275 injectors, and was running out of HP oil down to 1700 or so PSI on WOT runs. Apparently the new pump pegs the gauge at 4000 PSI and holds that all the way till you get scared.

So it was just your pump not the whole system to which your truck has? Did this truck have the newer rails?

I thought diesel site was a forum place... not an actual shop.
Nope its Bob Rileys shop.

Ok now getting back to this statement:

So it was just your pump not the whole system to which your truck has? Did this truck have the newer rails?

In my truck, it has not been run. There will be a smaller pump available that does not require the tear down and extensive work that mine has been through, but I don't know all the details. Bob will be at TS with the pump and will be able to answer your questions.

Hmmm, I however will not be at TS as I will be making "mad bank" with Overtime. Stupid TS, they need to start these outages earlier.

Sweet! I'm hoping to be lucky enough to beta test one of these bad boys.

How big are the oil feed lines from the HPOP to the oil rails? Do they go in the end of the rail or one of the other ports? Sorry, you know curiosity...

They go in where the current ICP sensor is located on the Passenger side rail. You have to get one for the drivers side as well.

Back