DESTROKED new exhaust manifold

2wpuller

letting the smoke fly
Mark from ShowMePerfarmance made this Stainless manifold we didn't get to run last night when we got ready to load it we blow the hydro line for the stearing.And thanks to ED for the new turbo we will be trying it out next saturday.
PHTO0130.jpg

PHTO0131.jpg

PHTO0138.jpg

PHTO0136.jpg

PHTO0132.jpg

Last edited:
That looks very very nice! I wonder what the difference in gain between a log manifold such as that vs. stock vs. equal length would be?

I run a similar header to that, differant brand. I switched from an ATS 3 peice to the header and noticed way lower EGTs 300* less, Better top end, But slower spooling.

Mark did a heck of a job and I did the polishing on most if it.

Dale

That looks sweet Dale!! I like the bling factor! Hopefully it turns the pretty gold/purple/blue color with all the heat!

Does it have exspansion joints in it? If it doesnt I think it wont take heat very well. Other than that it looks very good.

there's alot of those style manifolds out there that have seen hundreds of heat cycles with no problems, I'm sure this one will do just fine

It is made out of sced,40 stainless the flange is 2peace. I don't think we will have eny problems.

Dale

Dale, as a heads up, it helps keep the bolts tight with 3/4" spacers between the bolt head and the manifold. I sealed up all my exhaust leaks when I did that. You can see two or three of them here:

Do you put them between the nut nad the flange.Thant motor looks sweet:Cheer:.Dan want's to paint the motor on the 2wd red i told him do what ever he want's to do he has done great sofore.
Give me a call when you can.
Dale

Sounds good then let me know how it turns out. I have one on my truck and it took over 2 years and 5 different designs to get one to last as it had to have joints in it or it would crack and break. And yes mine is made of stailness as well. I know twins and sledpulling are hard on things but good luck. It looks like a well built one as mine looks the same so I know the style is good to go.

Do you put them between the nut nad the flange.Thant motor looks sweet:Cheer:.Dan want's to paint the motor on the 2wd red i told him do what ever he want's to do he has done great sofore.
Give me a call when you can.
Dale
Yep! Between the nut and flange- not sure exactly why it works, but I think it gives the bolt/stud a longer space to expand and contract without loosening up. I have a fiber internet installation this week. I'll see if I can find time to call.

Yep! Between the nut and flange- not sure exactly why it works, but I think it gives the bolt/stud a longer space to expand and contract without loosening up. I have a fiber internet installation this week. I'll see if I can find time to call.

That sounds good to me.

Dale