detroit to nv4500?

banshe350

My buddy is working on a couple conversion...one is a 86 chevy quad cab dually that he dropped a detroit motor in "not sure on specs" and he bought a bran new nv4500 to bolt up to it but is unsure how the tranny is going to bolt up to the motor? Ive heard of adapter plates but where can i get one?

The other one is an 87 chevy quad cab dually that he is trying to put a 12v cummins nv4500 in. I know that this is a common conversion but he claims he is going to have to do some firewall trimming or something in order for it to fit? I was thinking maybe run electric fans? any thoughts on this?

Thank you, and I will let my buddy know about the responses!

mummn you friend may have to make a custom adapter for the detroit and nv4500.. the sae bellhousing are round and flat etc.. tricky part is figuring a clutch / pressure plate to use that fits the nv4500 splines and then centering the input shaft in the adapter etc.. might have to center and dill the detroit fly wheel for a cummins clutch pressure plate etc ie southbend etc...and stage the adapter to fit. either way pictures and more infor please.. i have a old chevy drag truck setup for 6v53 and allison 540 trans etcetc
Thanks
deo

on the 12 valve fans in front of the rad no fire wall trim,i have an 88 chevy 12 valve

i would check out destroked.com they make adapotor plates for about anything