dfuser t/c module

6SLOW

has anyone used the dfuser torque converter control module? or should i just have the tune control it i need it to lock up sooner than the 3-4 shift

you ran here at the local "strip" track in vegas ??
what turbo are you running ? what injectors are you running ? do you have any fuel mods ??
14.2 seems a bit mild , but i see you are on 37's and that can really take a toll. are you running stock gears (3.73?) .. 4wd ?

why exactly do you think you need the t/c to lock in second gear ??
eric (innovative) has an xtreme race tune that locks the t/c in all the gears, and surprisingly it's not that bad on the street, however i actually prefer the xtreme street , but then t/c lockup is NOT something i want in lower gears with my large turbo cause i need the RPM's to spool it. what brand converter are you running and what is the stall speed of it ?

please give us a detailed list of your mods. have you dynoed the truck and weighed it on certified scales ? ? my truck is very close to 8000lbs also, but even with stock parts and heavy SCT tuning i was in the 13's on 35's

best to date on 35's was a few weeks it went 11.74 @ 116 on 35's but i also did it with a fully built tranny and HD converter. no meth yet but plans for it.
this was with 200cc sticks and a nonvvt turbo... i was happy with the run, but now i'm even happier/sadder at the same time because i found that my rough idle and poor cold temp operation is due to a bad injector and i thought it was just from having larger injectors than stock.. so while it makes me mad that i have ANOTHER bad injector from this batch (had the bad idle since they were installed, but it's getting worse) it makes me happy to know that it will probably be able to run even better once i get the injector(s) Fixed...

what is the dfuser t/c module you speak of ? is it like the ATS copilot thing ?
like i say , if you want to go with eric from innovative he can write you a tune that keeps the t/c locked in the lower gears (and i'm sure that DJ can too if you just ask him)

ya i ran it the las vegas motor speedway in april stock turbo stock sticks no fuel mods 3.73 i was on 325x65r18 which is 35x13.5 4wd launch thats the best i could get out of the truck when i was there i have a suncoast converter it stalls about 1800 i have a fully built trans from suncoast with the billet input shaft. i have put 37s on it and ran a 14.6 @ 91 here in salt lake i do have meth and nitrous but have not ran it with that. the dfuser t/c module is basically just a switch to lock the converter up when i want but i think ill just call eric for some tunes. djs is now closed so cant call him. Did you run 13s with erics tunes?

If you just want a TC lock switch...buy a switch for 5 bucks and wire it in.

No but if you leave it locked after the run, it will cause the TC to go into swell and burn mode.

I have 40" toyos and stock 3.73 gears should I be running the race tune also? I have noticied it will pull harder but doesnt let the motor rev out like with the xtreme street.

You are telling him to lock the convertor for the whole run with a switch correct? will the race that locks convertor in lower gears tear up anything with the larger tires?

he has 37" seems like he would lose that torque multiplication on the street?? street with loose convertor should work better around town and then use the race(locked convertor) or switch at the track?

Yo can put a switch on anything. It might get pissed when you override the control though. Tell you the converter clutch solenoid is shorted.

Yes, it will work. I personally wouldn't do it with a stock converter but some people hav.

ya i ran it the las vegas motor speedway in april stock turbo stock sticks no fuel mods 3.73 i was on 325x65r18 which is 35x13.5 4wd launch thats the best i could get out of the truck when i was there i have a suncoast converter it stalls about 1800 i have a fully built trans from suncoast with the billet input shaft. i have put 37s on it and ran a 14.6 @ 91 here in salt lake i do have meth and nitrous but have not ran it with that. the dfuser t/c module is basically just a switch to lock the converter up when i want but i think ill just call eric for some tunes. djs is now closed so cant call him. Did you run 13s with erics tunes?

no i was still using spartan tuning back then.

Back