Diamond Eye vs Donaldson

jw1

So i put on a 4" turbo back Diamond Eye exhaust and don't like it. While pulling the 5'er it seems louder than the cat back 5" exhaust i took off. Thinking about taking out the DE muffler and replacing it with a 51" dondaldson. Is this muffler loud while towing or is it more stock like.

The Diamond Eye muffler is only 30" long compared to the 51" Donaldson. Yes the Donaldson is quieter. I run one on my 04 in 5", it does have some drone at 80MPH though.

The Diamond Eye muffler is only 30" long compared to the 51" Donaldson. Yes the Donaldson is quieter. I run one on my 04 in 5", it does have some drone at 80MPH though.

How is it while towing. I guess i am looking for a muffler sound more like stock but a little more free flowing. The other thing i don't like about the DE is when i first start the truck the air pressure out the tail pipe sounds like a bad exhaust leak. I guess the cat acted like some sort of resonator or slowed the air pressure down. Do you have this sound with the donaldson and no cat?

I got an fte, loved it, then added a straight through donaldson, and now all I hear is motor/trans noises. And I can hear the turbo off idle now LOL

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Heard good things about FTE and reducing drones/towing noise.

I forgot about that. I have a DE muffler and FTE res on my 05 and it is a little quieter than my 04. The 05 is 4" verses the 5" on my 04 so that makes quite a bit of difference by itself.

I will say they both have drone, and are not as quiet as a stock system, but I am pretty picky on noise, I don't like loud exhaust at all on my DD. There is a big difference in RPM on my 04 and 05. The worst drone is at about 2200 RPM I believe, which is 80 in my 04 and a little under 70 in my 05.

The drone towing with both isn't bad, the RPM has more to do with drone than the engine struggling.

If it were me, I would throw on a FTE Resonator and if its still not quiet enough go to a Donaldson muffler.