Diesel 101

SOCODIESEL

Hey Everybody , Just Bought My First Diesel, 2007 Duramax 2500hd With The Allison Tranny.had The Truck Customized At Southern Comfort Customs.6" Pro Comp Lift, 22 Crome Rims,35" Xa/t Tires,billet Grille, Blackwood Dash & Steering Wheel, Custom Gauges, Wilder Paint & More. Motor Is Stock, Right Now! Anyway Can Any Body Tell Me If 10.1 Mpg Is The Norm? The Truck Has 851 Miles , Does That Have Anything To Do With It, Is There A Low Mpg Break In Period?

Attachments

• 100_1948.JPG
    100_1948.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
With those Dinner Plate wheels on there it could be.

But even so, that seems really low and I would expect that it should be in the mid to high teens. Your trucks needs around 100,000 miles on it before it is even broken in so, check with the dealership see if there are any software flashes and then just drive it.

Other than that you are looking at putting more money out on upgrades which is ok since your GM warranty is likely already gone.

Someone here will know more I'm sure.

Welcome to the site, nice truck :rockwoot:

Bigger tires and wheels will hurt mpg somewhat....I would think you'd be getting better mpg than that though.
Has your speedometer and odometer been corrected for the tire size increase?

Hey thanks, and yes it was corrected , could it have anything to do with the fact that I do alot of stop & go , is it possible its calculating the time that Im stopped (at the light) into the mileage? anyway sweet truck! haven't gotten into mods yet but can't wait. What do ya think of the Banks six gun for my first mod, and do ya know if it will kill the warrantee. Great web sight , thanks for responding.Diesel 101

Just about any programmer/box can kill the warranty if the dealer knows abpout it, or they look really hard. What do you plan on doing with the truck? Towing, racing, general hotrodding?

2 things:

Banks is a great system - very safe but also NOT cheap. There are other systems out there that can do as well or better for less. I'm not saying don't go there just that you should be open to other ideas first.

Next: your warranty is already toast so go for it! GM has one of the strictest warranties on the planet.

It would make more sense to do the air and exhaust and leave the rest be for a while and see what you think.

BTW nice truck and cheers!

Wyatt Earp said:
Next: your warranty is already toast so go for it! GM has one of the strictest warranties on the planet.

He bought the truck from the dealer withthe Southern Comfort Conversion I assume. SoCo is close by me and they are the largest conversion truck/van company in the US. His warranty is fine.

:kick: Oh. Ok. They don't sell trucks like that in the frozen tundra of Canada! We have a tough enough time getting the diesels to start in the 10' of snow at -30...:poke:

:poke: :poke: thanks Timbeaux38 for the insight on killing the warranty, truck has 913 miles on it ,maybe I'll hold off on the mods for now,and your right my warrantee is factory extended 5yr/100,000 with the conversion, lift kit, tires/rims included.hey Wyatt/Timbeaux any suggestions on exaust and air intake? right now the only thing i have is a 4inch crome exaust tip (came on truck) ? (another warrantee killer or no?)

Welcome to the Site...as your truck gets broken in the fuel millage should come up some.. with the 35" tires ,Is your Speedometer off any??

If you want to go and go fast you need to keep the EGT down. To do that you need large diameter hi flow exhaust system. Up to 400 HP a 4" will work good. Any higher consider the 5" system. I like them with mufflers but many say drop the muffler. Don't loose the CAT or you'll void that warranty.

Air intakes are best talked with your shop. I like the BHAF (paper) or the AFE stage 2 system (on my truck).

Hope that helps

Thanks for the welcome

:doh: Hey thanks all for the welcome, you all should get a kick out of this, the reason i was getting 10.1 mpg is because I needed to RESET the mpg portion of the odometer. drove up to pt st luce florida with 15.9 mpg ,nice. Does anybody have any idea if any meets,competitions,anything diesel truck related coming to south florida or even Florida in the near future.

Hey welcome to the site!!

I was going to say let off the pedal a little and see if th MPG goes up?:woohoo:

glad it was simple?? does that have an hour meter???