Diesel glide?

there are alot being used now and in a few of the super amazing fast 4x4 trucks

Last edited:
That is what i was wondering, I thought they were using a hayes clutch with adapters made by scheid.

school the ignorant... how do they work. Since the others are called "pedal clutches", I'll assume these glide clutches are not? Sorry for the really newb question. -_-

centrifigul clutch. Push the gas and it goes..... kind of like a go cart.... The pedal version you can hold down like a normal clutch.

How does building up boost with RPMs come into play with these glide clutches? I take it you "tune" them to slip to a certain point then they grab harder and harder the higher you rev?

They have been out for years , now as for diesels I hear one that may use it dunno for sure its a 3.0 DMAX

How does building up boost with RPMs come into play with these glide clutches? I take it you "tune" them to slip to a certain point then they grab harder and harder the higher you rev?

Yes, their are a couple different ways to adjust them, one being with weights on the pressure plate fingers, the other is by air gap between the clutch disks and the floater... You can also use a peddle in a glide, but it works backwords, push down on the peddle and it takes off!

There is one in Gambler we borrowed from Vance that goes in DESTROKED.Eric Stacey runs one and BBD (Scott) & and I think the Cat truck.
09-07-09_1815.jpg

09-07-09_1816.jpg

Dale

You can also adjust the springs for fine adjustment for the stall.
Dale

Yes sir I see the 11", 4 disc, 12 stand diesel glide every time I pull it out to adjust it :)

It's in here:
Can.JPG

BBD

Beat me to it Dale... I was going to hint on a 2wd MOD truck running one and see if they figured it out LOL