diesel in the anti freeze

gladesauce7

My buddy has a 05 and asked me if i knew what was wrong with it. I believe he had someone put new head gaskets on about a month ago. I am doing some research right now, if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great

Sounds like to me you know the painful answer. That sucks!

I had '90 F250 that I had a head gasket job done on it, 500 miles later it blew up when moving across country. I lucked out, they put a new crate windsor in it for me, but I had to bring it back from Maryland to have the work done. But 1 good thing is that I promptly went out and bought my first diesel truck. Never go back to gas again.

Hung injector. Prob. hydro locked the cylinder enough to blow out the gasket. How is the oil looking? Prob has some fuel in there also.

Thanks for the info.. I am going to pull the injectors. I have never worked on any of these motors before, how hard of task is it to pull the injectors to check for a cracked sleeve.

I had the same problem and the head was cracked, cracked was only present when heads were bench tested. I hope for your buddy's sake it is the sleeves

Back