diesel JR dragster

DIESEL_POWER

NGM Diesel
i want to build one for my son, is there a diesel engine small enough to use in this appliaction? if so which one?

A buddy has a diesel pull start garden tiller. It has a 1 cylinder ACME motor on it.

I seen a video on one of the diesel forums of a guy who put a small diesel on a snowblower. That was really cool!! I will see if I can find it.

I just thought about it. But the last time I was at Cummins, they had a small ONAN generator with a small diesel running it. The generator was a 5000 watt one, so I cant imagine the engine being all that big.

wade, go to the bottom of the page and click the specs chart anywhere from 1.8-10 hp though.

those really look to be some high quality pieces.

i think i may go that route, they offer upgraded injectors pumps and the whole works..........thanks guys

Yeah when i raced everything had to based off of a briggs motor.

on a side note my RV has a onan single cylinder diesel generator

small diesel engine

Kubota has a small 3 cylinder 18 horsepower diesel engine I have one in my lawn mower the mower is a G1800.
hope this helps
Shane

what kind of clutch are you planning on putting on it? you also might want to invest in some braces for your kid. when me and my little brother raced carts, the briggs didn't vibrate too bad, but once you got into the bigger classes, with the kx and cr500's, they would shake your teeth out. i can't image how a diesel would be

polaris made a diesel 4 wheeler for a year or so and it was a flop. Not sure how many were made.

tony597fitter said:
I seen a video on one of the diesel forums of a guy who put a small diesel on a snowblower. That was really cool!! I will see if I can find it.
HoleshotHolset did the conversion. I can't seem to find the post but you could PM him for more info.

If you go diesel you could probably go with a smaller motor then slap a turbo on it. :woohoo:

I've seen a lot of the Jr rail dragsters out at Kennedale when I used to go out there!

They gave them special cycles thru the pits so they wouldn't have to wait in line so long...

Very cool and very young drivers that did well !

Back