Diesel Xtravaganza - Terre Haute?

tr4petty

Where's the best places to stay if I decide to go to the Xtravaganza this year in Terre Haute?

There isn't many "nice" hotels on Terre Haute. Just pick one they are all near the Track.

yea like crash said away from the cops i bet they made serious $$$$$ in tickets

allisfarmer said:

Thats an understatement. People are silly sometimes up there. Its probably all from the :Cheer: .

allisfarmer said:

I'm sure, and they could have made a ton more if they had more cops. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing for hours on end on public streets. Lots of smoke and very fast driving....

I stayed at the Pear Tree, I believe. Wasn't a bad place, I've stayed in much worse. Both trips to Indiana last year (Indy, Schied's) was rewarded with decent hotels. Better than what I usually stay in.

was in the day's inn it was pretty good a little older but it works didnt see any cops

We always stay at the Super 8, its cheap, and its actually really clean. No frills(pool,good breakfast) But it has internet hook up and a continetal breakfast. Also its back off the main drag a little bit, so the parking lots are CRAZY all night long! Thats what i like about it. I've been out there for the last 4 years and have yet to see cops. Like others have said, they are all nice places, and all close together. I just prefer the Super 8 b/c its back out'a the way.

Joe

How far away from the event do I have to go to get peice and quiet at night? :shake:

Call me a party pooper but when I spend $$ on a hotel I actually want to sleep and rest in peice. Very annoying to have to listen to screaming drunks and burnouts at 3AM in the hotel parking lot.

Is Terre Haute pretty desolate?

Its always pretty loud aroung most of the hotels just something you have to deal with.

That's why I was asking how far out do most people go to get a hotel?
at indy last year I stayed in lafayette to find a quiet hotel ;)

My first year I stayed at the Econo Lodge. It was a nice place and the prices were about the best i could find. The last 2 years ive stayed at the Drury Inn. It costs a little more but i like it better. Thats where i'll be staying again this year.

9 LIVES said:
How far away from the event do I have to go to get peice and quiet at night? :shake:

Call me a party pooper but when I spend $$ on a hotel I actually want to sleep and rest in peice. Very annoying to have to listen to screaming drunks and burnouts at 3AM in the hotel parking lot.

Is Terre Haute pretty desolate?

Days inn isnt too bad when we stayed there two years ago, where we stayed last year, Humm, I dont remeber it was near best western but it was loud and CRAZY!

Hey Man!
We stayed in the campground, right there! It was, is a blast! You can get power and water for 25.00. Not to say, the party is grate. Lots of people there too.
Jason

9 LIVES said:
That's why I was asking how far out do most people go to get a hotel?
at indy last year I stayed in lafayette to find a quiet hotel ;)

Dude that a serious drive right there for some quiet!!! you couldda just got a place on the north side of indy?

before ive always stayed at the HoJo in Brazil...last year the place sucked, new owners...so i went to the peartree or something, right off of 70 & 41, on sat. night, but thats a hotspot for action.

Dude that a serious drive right there for some quiet!!! you couldda just got a place on the north side of indy?

before ive always stayed at the HoJo in Brazil...last year the place sucked, new owners...so i went to the peartree or something, right off of 70 & 41, on sat. night, but thats a hotspot for action.

Roy, that's where I stayed as well, in fact, I think I was backed in next to your truck on Saturday night watching the antics on the highway. It was late and when I finally got up to go to bed, I noticed the compD and Revolution Diesel stickers on a gray 3rd gen and never got a chance to say "hi". But when I did go to sleep, I never had any problems with commotion or noise. It was quiet and peaceful, nice room for a decent price. I was happy with that place overall.

Yep Big Angry that was me. Looking forward to meeting you this year! I totally agree, you cant hear anything in those rooms, and they are nice for a decent price.

Yep Big Angry that was me. Looking forward to meeting you this year! I totally agree, you cant hear anything in those rooms, and they are nice for a decent price.

Same here, we'll knock back some coldies this year, should be fun.