diesel

Injector body cracked or seal on the front of the cp3 but my guess is the injector

Don't think its injectors. What other damage could result from this? Starts easy with no more than normal smoke.

I moved this to the 03-07 dodge section!

result from fuel in the oil? Bearing failure along with other things. Cracked body can still idle fine

Thanks,Jeremy. Ordered new pump today. I guess ill pull inj out and have them checked.

i good way to find out if it is an injector is to put dye in the fuel and run the engine with the valve cover off and see if you can pick out which one is doing it. i had this problem on one and found it to be #6 by running dye in it. of course it had to be the darn back one.

I will try that tom. What kind of die and where do o get it? Thanks.

I did pull the cover off and put a piece of cardboard over valves then started up and no spray was on cardboard.

i got the dye from the cat dealership i work at. its called gas-glo made by spectroline. it says on the bottle its fluorescent leak detection dye for gas and diesel fuel systems. i spun the fuel filter off and dumped some of it in there and put it back on that way i wouldn't have to wait as long for it to get to the injectors. then i used a black light to see it better. you can get goofy yellow glasses to wear as well to make the dye stick out. its only a 1 fl oz bottle.

Will inj issue go thru 1/8 tank of fuel in 4-5 min of ideling.

thats sounds pretty severe to me but i guess it could if it was really leakin fuel bad into the crankcase.

Will test tom, thanks a lot for ur input. Let ya know the results ASAP.

Its your CP3 pump seal. That much fuel that quick would easily be visually detectable under the valve cover if it were a cracked body. Pull the pump and have it inspected.

Will inj issue go thru 1/8 tank of fuel in 4-5 min of ideling.

Yes. I had an 06 here that filled the oil pan and blew it out the blow by tube in about 5 minutes. 2 injector bodys were cracked whenthey were tested "under pressure" at the pump shop

New tc pump on its way. When it first happened I lost over half a tank in approx 1/2-1mile. Came out blow by tube and vistas underside of truck with fuel.

We always test the system in the truck. Good diagnostics save a ton of time.