difference between Edge comp and drag comp?

strokin'_tatsch

Death Row Inmate #7
my brother drives a '99 cummins and has a comp box. what is the difference in the comp and the drag comp? he has seen it around the internet, but hasn't figured out the difference yet. thanks!

The regular comp fuels to 2700rpm and then allows for defueling after that, the drag comp on levels 4 and 5 will fuel to 3200rpm. They usually seem to add a bit more total HP as well, around 20 or so.

Billysgoat said:
The regular comp fuels to 2700rpm and then allows for defueling after that, the drag comp on levels 4 and 5 will fuel to 3200rpm. They usually seem to add a bit more total HP as well, around 20 or so.
The only level that my drag comp will keep fueling past 2700 rpm’s is level 5x5. 5x4 and lower will defuel.

Could be, I haven't had mine on the dyno enough to verify, and besides, all I ever run it on is 2x3 or 5x5 LOL LOL

The only benefit I see out of 5x5 is the no defueling. I still have the HO pump, and I don’t see much more power above 3x5.

just got mine back and it seems to pickup better on the bottom end and definitely fuels a little more and pulls to 3200 i love it and it is definitely worth the money