differences in intercoolers

brickner11

Im wondering what everyones thoughts were on all the different intercoolers for my 12 valve puller, i recently came across a good deal on a high tech turbo intercooler and was just wondering if one was better then another, appreciate all the help, thanks

All ive ever seen was that some intercoolers such as sparco are rated for highr boost. Outhers might flow a little beter then outhers.

what i dont understand is why would you run an air-to-air intercooler in a sport such as pulling? I mean lets think about it, your top speed is what? 26-32 mph tops? are you really gaining all that much power for a $1100 peice of aluminum?
I can see the advantage at say, 50+mph. but wouldnt an ice water-to-air cooler be more effective at those lower speeds?

My freind built a 2.5 dodge and when it was origanlly built he ran a sparco intercooler. made no sense to me. 3 years and alot of $$$$$$ and 2.6 points champions throphys later hes runing an ice water-to-air.

yeah i agree.. iv been doing some searching on here and talking to other people and i believe air to water is the way im going to go

most of the 2.5 classes don't allow water to air I/C. I was going to plan on upgrading mine.

Water absorbs heat 25 times faster, so there's your answer. Competition truck with ice water I'd do it but for a DD you'd likely be tying it into the coolant system which runs 180*. In that case the gains might be a wash or even detrimental.

You may be surprised by datalog numbers of some of these air to water setups v. a good air to air on pulling trucks. The intake temps don't vary as much as you guys are assuming.

I like our htt intercooler. We have a spearco on a different truck too. Not sure if one is better than another but they are both better than a stock intercooler when you don't want to carry 50lb of ice each night.

A GOOD air to water setup works well too.

I think AFE makes a nice piece, never had anything to compare it to though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Htt makes a good piece. Mine has worked out well.