Dirt cheap External Wastegate

That's impossible....it can. Only delay the boost with a simple valve.

WRONG! Those control valves have a bleed orfice on them that bleeds off the regulated boost pressure at a constant rate..... As you shut the valve down, the bleed orfice begins to bleed air pressure faster than the valve will let it build, effectively giving you lower pressure. It works dude. Get a gauge and try it for yourself.

So it bleeds drive pressure or boost into the atmoshere? Drive pressure would be messy.

Mostof the bleeder valves I have seen...aka boost elbows are not regulators...that is only why I commmented.

Right. I've seen several "boost elbows" that didn't have the orifice. I've also seen people use needle valves and the likes. They don't know the difference in valves and regulators. The valve with air bleed is essentially a crude regulator.

I was describing a valve. Oops! Wasn't paying attention ha

Anyways everything is ordered should have some solid results on the gate in about 2 weeks. I'm planning on mounting the boost controller inside the cab close to my lockup and OD switches so I can make changes on the fly. Should be a slick setup!

Sent from my iPhone during class

Look what showed up today!

aefdb458-db39-5a46.jpg

aefdb458-db4a-45b7.jpg

aefdb458-db5b-323a.jpg

Also gonna cut up a stock flexplate to add as a stiffener. Something tells me the stock one won't like 550+ hp LOL

aefdb458-dc10-4965.jpg

aefdb458-dc21-1cda.jpg

Find some decent clamps for that wastegate, those CDM ones are terrible and will let it leak. With decent clamps they seem to do okay.

Ready to bolt on :)

aeff8f40-304e-ed2a.jpg

aeff8f40-3061-24a7.jpg

The rattle can job isn't mine hahah

Got it bolted up tonight, no discharge pipe, and no boost to the top to hold it shut past 27psi. Won't be Doing that again LOL

aeff8f40-79a5-0a4b.jpg

aeff8f40-7d10-0af7.jpg

So far this thing can move enough exaughst in 4 seconds to completely plaster me and my buddy and the side of my truck. Hopefully will have more results when I have the discharge pipe fabbed and the 66 on.

how did you weld the pipe into the manifold? did you heat the manifold up and then weld it? what kind of welder? I need to get on this with mine, i have had a external gate sitting in my tool box for over 2 years now lol

any info would be great, thanks!

Hey your truck has a big red zi... oh wait thats the turbo.. LOL

Hahaha thats my temp turbo, I painted it red when nothing else had color. And now it looks dumb with the silver manifold, and blue valve covers. the 66 will get a nice blue finish like the valve covers so everything matches!

Unfortunately I didn't do the welding guys. Local ricer shop tig welded it for cheap. He got it on there kinda angled back towards the valve covers which is ok but might have looked better Straight up and down. Other than that his welds are pretty darn good looking, he did all the pre and post heat so it should hold for a while.

Back