Dirt Drag Race with big hp?

dzlfarmboy

Supporting Vendor
Thinking about entering in one of the local dirt drag races comming up soon, and just wanted to get a feel for the best strategy to be effective with a fairly high hp truck. Mainly just launching the truck off the line. How much boost and if too much power is a bad thing as far as spinning the wheels to fast. Anybody that has a lil experience doing it, i'd like to hear what you think

Thanks Brett

I was usually staying under 15/boost and roll into it because anymore i wasn't getting traction till 100 out and the coarse is only 300. Out here we run sand drags so it is probaly a little different and you're best bet is to get a few practice runs in because every track is different and prepped different. I have to usually adjust my setup depending on how it was prepped. 1 thing that is usually true is air down as low as possible without spinning the bead, usually 8-10 psi for me on mud tires with no beadlocks

thats what I was thinking...see if I couldn't get some cheapo mudders to borrow from somebody then air down a little.