diverter valves

jdiding

cummins guy
im having trouble understanding the effect that diffrent dv`s have on how a truck drives makes power and so on
i just bought my first 12v ive owned a bunch of diesels but no 12v trucks till now the truck has full cut valves in it already it seems strong in the midrange but still has stock injectors in it so it falls on its head
id assume from what i can read is that the dv`s are responsible for the very strong midrange and smoke.
please dont kill me lol jsut trying to make sure i fully understand whats going on before i change things and i dont like it lol thsi truck is purely a toy to play on the street with and do some drag racing with
end goal is about 650 hp ( already got a set of 5x18 injectors )
but still streetable im pretty tolerant of not being the most gentle of hammers to drive a nail with but not gonna act stupid if the wife hops in it to take a cruise

Well first of all, they are delivery valves not diverter. Second, most full cut, competition cut, and laser cut valves are wayy too much for a stock or mildly built truck. You are better off looking for a tamer set that wont create so much smoke and heat.

i appologize about miswording it. still needing clarification on what part of the fuel curve they effect and how they effect power delivery

191?? I would run a 024 over those. And a 7mm 100cc over that. I didn't like my 191's.

I think they effect the whole curve, especially on a truck that needs fuel.

Where can a person find the 7mm delivery valves? Takes new holders too right?

Weston! They flow 100cc over a 181 or a 024 on the top end. Can't remember which.dont quote me. They are definitely cleaner than the 024 s I had. (No Haze).

Weston! They flow 100cc over a 181 or a 024 on the top end. Can't remember which.dont quote me. They are definitely cleaner than the 024 s I had. (No Haze).

That sounds interesting, I'm running some 024's I got off BigBlue24v and it seems to fuel pretty good, but I figured they would be more aggressive.

Thanks dalenw, do any of you happen to know of a thread where it explains more about these? It's a pain to search on my phone.

I think they effect the whole curve, especially on a truck that needs fuel.

Where can a person find the 7mm delivery valves? Takes new holders too right?

I run a set from Weston and like them. The stock holders work fine with them.

so depending on size or cut they can effect the ultimate power and drivability of the setup is this correct ? how does a 7x100 compare to say a 191 valve for instance ?

Back