DIY Cp3 rebuild...

2007 5.9

West Coast Dyno Modifier
Does anybody know of a place that sells a DIY Cp3 rebuild kit??

I am getting a hold of a couple of stockers with miles on them, and would like to freshen them up.

But I dont want to pay the cost to ship them out to XXX diesel shops to have them rebuild them....

Anybody???

Unless you have the Bosch tools, you can't even disassemble the pump. It would be cheaper to ship them out.

Unless you have the Bosch tools, you can't even disassemble the pump. It would be cheaper to ship them out.

I might be able to get the tools...would I have to get the parts directly from Bosch or would a cummins parts house have them??

CP3 pumps are like underwear...once they get miles on them you just get a new one.They do not have replaceable barrels, each plunger is matched to the hole it's in and must not be switched around or the pump is trash. The list of flaws inherent to the CP3 is endless, just buy a new pump. Did it ever occur to anyone why fleebay is flooded with used pumps?

Back on topic...other than a few o-rings and a arson kit there is not a whole lot that can be user replaced.

You really need to know what the spec are, You can move pistons form sleeve to sleeve ,the spec are within 100thou.Unlike Injectors with the correct knowledge they can be rebuild safely with years of good service.The 1st CP3 I (2003) tore down and reassemble,Hmmmm if you like bleeding and gusting its the job for Ya......

what special tools are required? would just like to know and where can you get them. or is it G14 classified?

I have bought a seal kit for one before. But the cummins dealer told me there was no such parts,however my friend ordered the kit from them.

Back