DJ looney file

1badPSD

official trouble maker
what is the difference between DJ's street looney and looney files? which gives the most power?

I guess it depends on your truck. The looney should give more power, but my truck runs better for me on the street looney. I know I could get dj or vivian to work on the looney more for my truck, but I really satisfied with the street looney.

gotta love the Looney wild it's wicked, drive it everyday, have the Looney Wild Track only file, but have yet to run it as vivian said to only run it at the track.

Repeat what the past few have said starting with 50stangpower and that is my response.

KA if you are going to run the file I got as a daily driver I would suggest an aftermarket tranny if you don't have one already. I started running mine as a daily driver and the tranny started slipping not long after.

I don't blame DJ or Viv a bit though...they told me it was a track only file and I decided to run it daily against their warnings.

I will tell you this much...after running that file I am in complete disbelief. It is bad@ass!! Never seen anything like it. I think mine had a problem because I have an '04 and it doesn't have the upgraded direct drive solenoid...

KA, me and you have the almost identical truck. I have an '04 black and silver Harley edition, 4" lift, 35" tires, etc...

HD_F250 said:
KA if you are going to run the file I got as a daily driver I would suggest an aftermarket tranny if you don't have one already. I started running mine as a daily driver and the tranny started slipping not long after.

I don't blame DJ or Viv a bit though...they told me it was a track only file and I decided to run it daily against their warnings.

I will tell you this much...after running that file I am in complete disbelief. It is bad@ass!! Never seen anything like it. I think mine had a problem because I have an '04 and it doesn't have the upgraded direct drive solenoid...

KA, me and you have the almost identical truck. I have an '04 black and silver Harley edition, 4" lift, 35" tires, etc...

Is it true.... that a file can cause the Tranny Damage?

I don't do much Ford Performance STuff, so I am sincere in my question and would like a factual answer.... I had a customer experience a Solenoid Failure after getting an updated tune for the SCT tuner. The truck did not shift right ( in his opinion ) and after speaking with the writer they told him to drive it. less than a 1000 miles later we needed to contact SunCoast to get the truck back on the road.

Can the tune (tuner) be responsible for tranny failure if not written properly?

I would like to try some of the above tunes, but I tried contactin them through email about a month ago asking about the street looney, track looney, and about a dyno tune, and I never got a response. :(

--Ryan

JacktheBear3 said:

I don't do much Ford Performance STuff, so I am sincere in my question and would like a factual answer.... I had a customer experience a Solenoid Failure after getting an updated tune for the SCT tuner. The truck did not shift right ( in his opinion ) and after speaking with the writer they told him to drive it. less than a 1000 miles later we needed to contact SunCoast to get the truck back on the road.

Yes its possible if they don't match the tranny performance with the engine performance. Remember these are fully tunable trannies but they still have a learning feature.

Lifted94XLT said:
I would like to try some of the above tunes, but I tried contactin them through email about a month ago asking about the street looney, track looney, and about a dyno tune, and I never got a response. :(

--Ryan

Not to be a dick.... but most vendors on this site keep tools in their hands and email is a necessary evil. Try calling the place of business you are interested in and I bet service will be better.

Example: I recently thought I was going to improve my business by updating some software.... I bought the stuff, spent a few hours loading it, Phucked everything up beyond belief.... Took a hammer to my computer, fixed that unit for the night.... and then ordered a new computer.

Moral of the story, I lost all the deals I was working on and it hurt me both finacially and reputation wise. As smart as I think I am, the computer is not my friend.

If your want information, I always reccomend the old fashioned way; CALL

Just another .02 infomercial from FTEDiesel*bdh*$.02*bdh*:clap:LOL:bow::tree::cheer:*nx*:pop:

JacktheBear3 said:

Yes, it is possible that a tune can cause tranny damage just as well as it can cause engine damage.

As I stated in my post though this file was sent to me as a TRACK ONLY file. I was the wise ass that decided to try it for a daily driver. I don't know that it was the file that did the damage, but if it was it was my fault because I went against what DJ and Vivian both told me.

Lesson learned: Always listen to DJ and Viv because when it comes to Ford...they know what they are talking about.

Lifted94XLT said:

--Ryan
If I am not mistaken, not that long ago Viv got a new computer and was having problems with it...she lost a lot of stuff including a ton of e-mails. I think there was actually a post somewhere in which she asked everyone to resend e-mails.

I would say your best bet is to call, but be forewarned that Viv is the one that answers the phone and takes the orders...she is very busy. If you don't get her at first, keep trying! Leave her a message with your phone number, name, and tell her you want to buy something.

You won't regret going Looney...

HD_F250 said:
If I am not mistaken, not that long ago Viv got a new computer and was having problems with it...she lost a lot of stuff including a ton of e-mails. I think there was actually a post somewhere in which she asked everyone to resend e-mails.

I would say your best bet is to call, but be forewarned that Viv is the one that answers the phone and takes the orders...she is very busy. If you don't get her at first, keep trying! Leave her a message with your phone number, name, and tell her you want to buy something.

You won't regret going Looney...

yeah, I knew about the computer problems now that you've said something, I guess I just forgot. And I understand that callin it the best bet. Guess I'm just spoiled on technology. haha..... I'll have to give them a call then and go from there...... I'm not in a huge hurry. I've already got DJs Looney Tune.... just lookin to update it all..... thanks for the info guys.

--Ryan

If you choose to run a "Track-Only" tune on the street...be prepared to spend the money on a transmission. (I learned my lesson)
Not to say that I won't run the "Track-only" tune on the street again thou...it's just THAT addictive!!!:evil

I think the Competition Series tranny I have from NADP can handle all I will ever throw at it.:woohoo:

ok this is gonna sound silly, but what isthe DJ looney?ive never heard of this tune is it just 4 the 6.0? or is it available for the 7.3 also? just curious if someone can give me some info and stats?:pop: :doh:

Looney is the name DJ and Vivian gave their line of SCT files. They only do tuning for the 6.0

DJ and Vivian are site sponsors and the owners of DJ-Performance

awsome!! thanks, so i know everyone has there own opinion of who has the best tunes, jody, tadd, and now i hear about dj? whos really got the edge? or is it just preference?:bow: :st: