DJ's fuel intensifier leaking prob.

strokedviking

alright, so i've at this thing all week, and cannot get this regulator to stop leaking. its leaking at the bottom return port and all the little ports around the sides. i've taken it apart 3 times, cleaned it, i've tried teflon tape, thread sealent, and nothing freakin works! i went to the local hardware parts store a bought brass pipe plugs to put in the side ports and still leaks...
did anyone else have problems with this? this is so frustraiting, i'm supposed to go home tomorrow for the weekend and this freakin thing keeps leaking. PLEASE HELP!!!!!! i'm about to just JB weld the SOB together!

i had the same exact problem. I ended up using the yellow teflon tape and after that the leak went away. I hope this helps. It's been installed for a while now and things still look good.

Tighten the chit outta the fittings...that's what I had to do on my regulator.
Mine's not from DJ...

UNBROKEN said:
Tighten the chit outta the fittings...that's what I had to do on my regulator.
QUOTE]

What this guy said

whats the differance between between the yellow teflon tape and the white?

i guess i'll just have to tighten the chit out of it more. its all or bust on this regulator tomorrow, have nothing to lose now!

as always, thanks dudes!

strokedviking said:
whats the differance between between the yellow teflon tape and the white?

i guess i'll just have to tighten the chit out of it more. its all or bust on this regulator tomorrow, have nothing to lose now!

as always, thanks dudes!
yellow is a thicker tape than white and is normally used for compressed gases due to increased operating pressures.
Also when using teflon tape always start the wrap 2 threads up the fitting
(2 threads with NO TAPE) to keep pieces of it from being cut off when tightening the fitting and entering the system. It is so slick that even the slightest piece can cause havoc with pumps and regulators. Trust me i know, i ruined a $11,000 high pressure oil pump in a 5 million btu boiler with a sliver of tape about 1/4" long and as thick as a single hair.

SINNER said:
yellow is a thicker tape than white and is normally used for compressed gases due to increased operating pressures.
Also when using teflon tape always start the wrap 2 threads up the fitting
(2 threads with NO TAPE) to keep pieces of it from being cut off when tightening the fitting and entering the system. It is so slick that even the slightest piece can cause havoc with pumps and regulators. Trust me i know, i ruined a $11,000 high pressure oil pump in a 5 million btu boiler with a sliver of tape about 1/4" long and as thick as a single hair.
:aiwebs_016:

i had the same problem with dj's fuel system when i was using regular teflon but then i took the plugs out and rethreaded it to clean the aluminum and then i used thread sealent and after like the 4th try i finally got it.

03 f250 sct tuned by dj with looney wild ,accufab intake elbow, aem intake .

Back