Do I need a lift pump?

71ranger

Got a question for ya'll. I have a 2006 5.9L 4x4 with a Bully Dog Triple Dog with Outlook, a 5" turbo back exhaust, and 35" tires on 18" wheels. I don't plan on going more extreme with it than that other than maybe a lift down the road.

I have noticed lately that when I have my cruise set @ 70mph on the outlook monitor the fuel pressure drops from 18,000 down to 14,000 on an incline. Is this normal or do I need to add a lift pump like FASS or something similar? If so, do I need the 150 gph or the 95 gph FASS pump? I don't plan on putting in larger injectors, unless of course the stock ones fail and then maybe 50hp injectors. I don't want to go too extreme since this is a daily driver and along with power I also want fuel economy.

Thanks

If u running crazy larry u maybe running out of fuel at wide open but ur truck should have a lift pump in the tank. fass system is noisey but very effective. and a pain in a__ to install

Go ahead and do it.....

You say your only doing the triple dog.....If you haven't downloaded the Crazy Larry Program , your only running at MAYBE 130-140HP on the extreme level.........FASS, etc. is not required.

But, If you get the CL download in the future and do like MOST ALL of us and keep going WAY past what you say you gonna do........GO AHEAD THE GET THE FASS OR EQUIVILENT!!! You will eventually need it!

Plus!!!! if you don't do it and start adding mods without the FASS, you will damage your VERY expensive CP3 pump.........It just a SMART investment!!!!

Get the 150gph..........I'm probably gonna out grow my 95gph.........but it's hangin in there at the 530HP mark Just Fine!

Happy Modding!!!!

"CUMMINS GUYS KEEP IT STRAIGHT!! THOSE OTHER GUYS SWING BOTH WAYS!!"

71ranger said:
Got a question for ya'll. I have a 2006 5.9L 4x4 with a Bully Dog Triple Dog with Outlook, a 5" turbo back exhaust, and 35" tires on 18" wheels. I don't plan on going more extreme with it than that other than maybe a lift down the road.

I have noticed lately that when I have my cruise set @ 70mph on the outlook monitor the fuel pressure drops from 18,000 down to 14,000 on an incline. Is this normal or do I need to add a lift pump like FASS or something similar? If so, do I need the 150 gph or the 95 gph FASS pump? I don't plan on putting in larger injectors, unless of course the stock ones fail and then maybe 50hp injectors. I don't want to go too extreme since this is a daily driver and along with power I also want fuel economy.

Thanks

This sounds like you are draining your rail pressure. What is your lift pump pressure? If your lift pump gets below 5psi I would recommend getting a fass. For you a 95gph would work just fine, and it will help with mileage too. For your rail pressure(which is what you are reading on your outlook) I would try a duel feed line or upgrade to a stage 2 CP3.

I got a BD Power Auxiliary Lift Pump which just installs on the side of the frame inline with the fuel line. Easy install, and haven't had any problems. I use that along with the lift pump on the side of the fuel filter. I think it is 100 gph but I'm not 100% sure. Either way my low fuel pressure light doesn't come on anymore at WOT. Not badly priced either.

Back