Do i really need a pressure box?

1911 guy

Trunk Monkey
Like The title says. Here is what i have found. Im running a smarty tnt, and a floor it 3.5. I have seen a max of 29K RP with smarty pressure set on 3, 27K set on 2 and 26K set on 1. I see a lot of the big HP guys running a programer stacked with a pressure box. But with these pressures i don't need any more help in this department. Unless this is the case? Maybe an MP8 or Dr P ramps up pressure faster resulting in production of earlier peak HP or carrying HP out further in the RPM range? Im open to ideas and suggestions. Thanks.

Id like to know also I have a stage 3 CP3 and my railpressure is right what yours is and it seems stacking is really hard on injectors my truck makes really good power and is limited by the turbo now but I dont see why I would need a pressure unless its something more complex then what I can think of

I run an MP8 so I can run the pressure on it's lowest setting on my Smarty....so I'm not hammering on my injectors all day every day. When I want the added pressure it's just a knob away.

No you don't need the pressure, but like pulling the dynos show that with a pressure box it helps carry more horsepower into the Rpm's. So good for pulling and racing but take mine off when I'm not pulling.

I ran the mp8 last year im switching to the Dr Performance Race this year I run the smarty rail pressure low so i can use the twist of the dail.

Yeah that whole twist of the dial thing was all i could see. I run the truck at stock RP settings all the time anyway. Cant justify a pressure box at this point. Unless of course it could net me a considerable amount more power.

I recommend the dr p box. I have ran one for several years now, it is my personal belief that the dr P has a nicer curve than other products.... not to dis the other products out there, including the smarty as I am a big smarty fan, But I find that when my truck was much closer to stock I found that the injectors were actually less noisy while running the Dr P. In my thoughts less noise means easier on .