Dodge 5 speed/6BT + OBS

CkBed

Anyone running a Dodge 5 speed (NV4500?) in there Ford Cummins swaps?

Got a friend of a friend with a rolled 96 Cummins with a 5 speed, wants basically a song and dance for the whole truck, and its really tempting me.

What would I need to run that manual? I'm sure I'd have to fab a crossmember to hold it up, and have driveshafts made. Any clearance issues with the tranny hump? Can you use a Ford pedal assembly and master cylinder, or is there a way to get the Dodge setup in there.

Anything else to think about?

what did ya use for the pedal and such? Just the ford one?

I've seen that before at PSN, I'll give it a better read.

Yes Ford pedals, Dodge master/slave cylinder, re-index the clutch pedal lever on the shaft to meet the Dodge master.

You just need to swap in the manual pedals,use the Ford master ,dodge slave for the Nv4500 .The stock trans crossmember will work you'll just need to move it forward and redrill some holes. The hump will need some work but not bad .

Here is the pics of the cluch line I make .

Attachments

• TDC Conversion parts 002.JPG
    TDC Conversion parts 002.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 5
You just need to swap in the manual pedals,use the Ford master ,dodge slave for the Nv4500 .The stock trans crossmember will work you'll just need to move it forward and redrill some holes. The hump will need some work but not bad .

Here is the pics of the cluch line I make .

I just left my crossmember where it was at, and used 1/2" plate to make up the difference, that way I didn't have to put any more holes in the frame. I think my motor may sit a little farther back than most though.

well I'm hopefully lookin at it this weekend, and then its just a matter of selling the PSD and E4OD out of it.

what are ya running for a throttle pedal?

I just thought of it last night, but 12v's are fly by cable aren't they?

Yes, they are. I modified the Ford IDI cable to work, but I think I am going to switch to the Dodge style.

ah, yeah, your truck was pre powerjoke, I guess I'll be moddin the Dodge one somehow, as I'll have the whole truck in front of me.

Motors probably sold, lookin at the truck soon.

Quitter here I come:rockwoot: