Dodge NP271 Transfer Case

98xtremcummins

I just built this case for a customer and he decided that he'd stay running the np241 dhd t-case. I think $$$ was the problem. It came out of 04 cummins with auto, but I can change it over to a 29spline input for a manual trans. I set it up with the fixed rear yoke. (Ford style) Which makes this unit very desirable for pullers. This t-case has a new chain and seals. The truck it came out of only had 72k on it. This thing is like new. $850+shipping. i need to move this. Pm me if interested.

Last edited:
I'm just curious why is the fixed ford style yoak more desirable for truck pulling?

thanks jason

Well I would think that the fixed yoke is stonger being there is bearing right behind the fixed yoke and not in 10inches. I would probly run this one my self but I just had new driveshafts built for the slip yoke np271. But hey maybe I'm talking out loud here. I also would think the bolt on flange part of the driveshaft would be stronger. When I built my 2.6 truck I did some research and it seemed to me alot of guys were running the fixed yoke.

Hmm, Might know someone that would want this.....just split his NP205 for like the billionth time!

Back