dodge nv4500 to chevy 241

12valvesub

Hey guys i am just about to start my swap and only need a few bits and pieces.
The one thing i have yet to figure out is how i am going to adapt my dodge nv 4500 to my chevy np241 originally in the 94 suburban in working on.
Ive heard you can simply swap the input on the t case to a dodge piece and then mess with the bolt circle to get everything kosher. Has anyone done this swap? ive read just about every chevy swap thread in here and everyone seems to use the chevy main shaft/tail housing.(probably should have got the chevy main shaft and tail housing when i had the chance) Ive also seen advanced adaptors set up but for 500 bucks id much rather see what other options i got.
The truck already has a solid axle so i dont need to worry about drive line length and have some leeway as far as t case clocking.
Thanks fellas

can you not just run a dodge tcase? arent they driver side drop? which axle are you using up front? its possible that you could just use a dodge tcase.

im running a ford dana 60 plus id like my speedo to work without any fussing around

I'd ditch that 241 in a heartbeat especially if i already had the straight axle. Get an np205!!! I've been down your road and have a chevy mainshaft connecting my 4500 to the 241. Since I still have ifs I decided to go that route.

Ive been speaking to a few drivetrain guys and the verdict is that a 241dld input will work without any other issues. I just need to get my case out and tear it down to find out if i have a thick or thin input bearing. then order up the shaft and bearing.
Ill let you know how it works out

I thought about the 205 long and hard and just couldnt get past the fact that i have 2 241's at my disposal and its just so easy to reuse with the speedo and the 4wd shifter and everything.