Dodge V10 to cummins questions

Dazed&Confused

Surfing my own world
I found a 4x4 ext. cab V10 Dodge I'm going to look at. I was wondering what would be needed to run the 47RE in it behind the cummins? Can I use the V10 PCM still to make it work? Truck is a 97 and would either get my 93 VE pump enging or my 01 24V drivetrain. I've thought about using my dually and converting my NV4500 to 4x4 but would like to know the options on using the 47RE as well.

Anybody know what i would need to change to run that 47RE? Thats my only real question the rest I know whats needed.

There's a thread somewhere on here a guy did the same swap in a bright yellow one. I can't remember where I saw it

a 47RE is the same trans gas or diesel other than the stall on the convertor. I prefer the V-10 stall myself. The differences will be in the valve body wire harness. Change that out to the later 99 up to work with the 24V engine and 24V PCM.

So just swap the wiring harness in the trans for the VB and swap to a 24v auto pcm? I knew they were the same bolt pattern just electrical has me confused.

So just swap the wiring harness in the trans for the VB and swap to a 24v auto pcm? I knew they were the same bolt pattern just electrical has me confused.

yep. if you want to run it behind the VE engine you will have to control OD and lock-up with manual switches. I have a schematic for doing that if you go that route.

Okay thank you. I will probably use my dually if i buy it to make it look factory.

Sorry to hijack but this is relevant. I'm going to do the same thing with my 99 V10 and found a 99 24V from a Freightliner truck. It has all accessories just not harness or computer.

Would a computer swap and engine harness (24V) basically be plug n' play on the truck?

There's a thread somewhere on here a guy did the same swap in a bright yellow one. I can't remember where I saw it

Thread Me. T was talking about-http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59170&highlight=v10+cummins

Hi Chris, new to this site and am a member on a couple others, but this one ps by far top dog brother. Thank God I found it! I just finished a swap my self, v10 gas with a 12v in my 99 Quad 4x4 Dually. Was hopeing I gould get that schematics my self, Thanks.

Back