Does anyone know how to lower a W900L

hummin cummins

Does anyone know how to lower a W900L

IMG_0082.jpg

To look like this?

loweredsemi.jpg

What size rubber?? If it has 24.5's, switch back to 22.5's...

I would venture to say the suspension was modified as well...

Chris

What size rubber?? If it has 24.5's, switch back to 22.5's...

I would venture to say the suspension was modified as well...

Chris

I'm not sure what size they are, I'll check tomorrow. I have seen the suspension lowered and that is what I was interested in. The rear is air ride and the front is springs.

Do you honestly want your fuel tank(s) in the grass, for starters the front springs have removable shims, also depends on your front leaf springs, some are not lower(able), tapered vs non tapered.

To start with it depends if you have 24.5's or 22.5's. Then are the standup or low pro tires. Either way if tire swapping that will cost about 4000$ to swap all ten tires

Most guys run a car-hauler front end to lower the front. On the rear, swapping air bags with lower ones and like the guys above said tires and rims.

Tires and wheels, I doubt that you can switch out airbag, W900s have short airbags as it is.

It's pretty hard to make a w9 look like that silver Pete that you posted the pic of, but I would switch to a 275/85-22.5 tire and that will help, I'll find out more info and post up what I know

^^^^What he said. Or you can run 255/70-22.5 which are 35" tires. Put an air ride 4 or 6" drop axle up front and if the rear has 8-bag AG suspension swap it out for low leaf air ride off a newer KW. Also keep in mind the Pete you pictured more than likely had all the air out of the suspension when you took the pic.

Why lower it? I mean, doesn't it do what it's supposed to? I have a 1990 W900 and it has 24in rims, they fill the wheel well pretty good when I load it to 110,000 lbs. Just load her and run!

Last edited:
Back