does not run when cold

dcracer92

my truck just started this it acts like it has a rev limiter when it is not all the way at normal running temp. i can push the gas and nothing happens. i can kill it and re start it and it will run normal for a min. than it is craps out again till it is hot or 180. it acts like it is loading up, i can through it in neutral and floor it while smoke is coming out u cant even see behind the truck. please help... i have no idea what to do!!

Fuel filter? Lift pump? Injection pump? Check engine light? White smoke is generally a sign of lack of fuel on a "stock" engine.

i have a stock pump on it with holly blue lift pump. new fuel filter, no engine lights and it pushes out white smoke for when u put it in neutral and clear it out, but then turns black. it also get bad fuel mileage.

Vp44 bad should be code 0216 injection pump timing failure or bad tps

Have to agree with the VP44 going out. Mine was doing something similar when it went out.

red did u put a differant pump or another stock one? the timing issue? is that hard to fix? it also sounds like it has a boost banger in it when i rev it up to clear it out. never had one do this.

i just checked the codes and it had 216. does that mean the pump is out of time or the pump going bad?

Going bad.... Matter of time before it leaves you stranded.

Back