doesnt run right

crhellboy

so went to weigh the puller yesturdy day truck ran idel around the yard loaded on the trailer got to the place and it died backing it off the trailer thought it just ran outa fuel lol little brother forgot to cheak it like i asked so filled it up and it start and just die so ended up winching on the trailer got it homes crack all the lines to blead the air still didnt run right so i pull the rail sensor and it ran ruff so its not that pull both fca on the pumps balls not stuck on those then after all this cheak codes again got a cam sensor code so pulled the tst off of it at least now it will idel but it studers every once in while so i change the cam sensor in it tonight didnt make any diff and the code still wont go away iam banging my head got a pull tm but theres no way iam takeing it like this so iam guessing its electic i just dont know where to start

Since it's a pulling truck, does it sit all the time? If it does sit, check the batteries out, a bad battery or batteries can cause weird issues on the CR trucks.

shouldnt be injector just had them out during the winter got 1 maybe 2 hours of run time and thought it coulda be battery to so change it out for a new one

Long cranking, rough idle, or even just a stumble can cause a cam sensor code. If you have access, I'd hook it up to a scanner to watch what's going on, and you can shut down injectors one at a time to see if there's any change.

When you installed the injectors, did you install them in this sequence?
Replace connector tube nuts and finger tighten.
Replace injector hold down bolts, and finger tighten to equal lengths.
Torque connector tube nuts to 37ft lbs.
Torque injector hold down nuts to 89in. lbs.
It may be worth a shot to loosen up and then re-torque them.

Back