Doing some Upgrades

Countryboy07

My truck goes in on monday to get ARP head studs and a custom fuel system. I was planning on doing everything myself with the help of a buddy, but, I found a guy that will do everything for $2,000. Thats ARP studs, gaskets, complete custom fuel system, and all LABOR. I figured I would have about $1,500 in parts alone, so the truck is going to him to have everything done. I can hardly wait.

-Josh

good deal, whos fuel system are you going to be running??

It is a custom fuel system that replaces all the stock lines with 1/2" line. As far as the pump, the guy I have doing the work is putting an EFI pump on rather than an airdog or a fass. It is the pump he runs on his personal 600 HP Cummins.

-Josh

cummins only require like 35pis of fuel..

Our trucks are 55 +/- 5 dunno if an EFI pump will work

cummins only require like 35pis of fuel..

Our trucks are 55 +/- 5 dunno if an EFI pump will work

IDK. He has also ran it on a couple of 7.3L powerstrokes with no issues. I will raise that question to him though. Thanks.

-Josh

I asked and he said that the pump he runs puts out 100 psi that he regulates down to the desired pressure.

-Josh

There are quite a few EFI pumps that can run the appropriate fuel pressure. Some handle diesel fuel fine some don’t. A lot of them won’t handle the WVO, biodiesels and other homebrew fuels. If you plan on running them, might want to check out what type of seals are inside the pump.

If you are running lines off the back of the heads, I would make sure they are hard lines and not flexible tubing. We are not aware of any flexible lines, steel braided or not, that are rated for the heat coming off the up-pipes. With the guy being familiar with Cummins, he may not be taking into account the heat from the up-pipes. If you need some, let me know. We sell a do it yourself kit, that includes the stainless steel hard lines, stainless steel banjo bolts, crush washers, o-rings, intake manifold bolts and clamps. Everything you need to get the fuel up ontop of the intake manifold and away from the heat. Then you can use whatever line you want from there. They are 3/8” or -6 lines.

There are quite a few EFI pumps that can run the appropriate fuel pressure. Some handle diesel fuel fine some don’t. A lot of them won’t handle the WVO, biodiesels and other homebrew fuels. If you plan on running them, might want to check out what type of seals are inside the pump.

If you are running lines off the back of the heads, I would make sure they are hard lines and not flexible tubing. We are not aware of any flexible lines, steel braided or not, that are rated for the heat coming off the up-pipes. With the guy being familiar with Cummins, he may not be taking into account the heat from the up-pipes. If you need some, let me know. We sell a do it yourself kit, that includes the stainless steel hard lines, stainless steel banjo bolts, crush washers, o-rings, intake manifold bolts and clamps. Everything you need to get the fuel up ontop of the intake manifold and away from the heat. Then you can use whatever line you want from there. They are 3/8” or -6 lines.

He has done a couple of these fuel systems on 7.3L so I would hope he knows how hot the up-pipes get. I will check with him to let him know though.

Thank you, Josh

Back