DOT Checkpoints open this weekend in TX?

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
im making a haul from gonzales to shreveport.
my route is IH35 to IH 20 in fort worth then straight up IH20 right into shreveport.

it will be my 06 dodge, my 46' tandem dual, and 28k lb on the trailer.
yes i'm overweight, please don't give me a serom on hauling overweight.

my question is are the weigh stations open this weekend? if they are i'm going to have to take HWY 79 all the way up :(

input please.
leaving tonight.

gonzales, tx to shreveport, la.

(not gonzales, la)

Good luck Chase. Don't know notin 'bout TX, but the DOT trooper was out her yesterday. I saw him scale an oversize load during lunch and one by the house when I went home. I ain't seen him in a long time then all of a sudden he has everyone on his scales.

I hope there aren't any TX mounties on the board..if so...you just gave them a "for sure deal"... :hehe:

You're going to have to flip a coin on this one.

The stations most likely won't be open on I20. But, with that load any DOT that sees you has the right to jerk you over and weigh you.

Also, I20 (I45 and I35E area) on the South East side of Dallas is notorious for having DOTs/Commercial enforcement officers patrolling.

Through there, your best bet is to find a truck in the right lane and you grab a lane to his left and be his shadow.

Best of luck.

~Wes~

well i twisted an axle as i was pulling out of my driveway tonight so now i hope to have my new axle dropped in there by 8am.

for those of you wondering, yes i keep 2 spare axles for all my trailers haha.
never know when this will happen and it happens ALOT to me.

well all i can do is wish ya the best dude an dont come to miss these sun of a you know what are all over i10 daily worse in harrison county been lucky so far i just try to keep me a big truck i try to hide behind lol

and i'm rolling out. new axle installed. all is well.
will check in when i arrive.

thanks guys. :)

Have a good trip, watch them Smokeys and remember...

Uh, Breaker One-Nine, this here's the Rubber Duck
You got a copy on me Pig-Pen? C'mon

Uh, yeah 10-4 Pig Pen, fer sure, fer sure
By golly it's clean clear to Flag-Town, C'mon

Uh, yeah, that's a big 10-4 Pig-Pen,
Yeah, we definitely got us the front door good buddy,
Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy

well i made it.
no problems.
got stopped twice.
said truck was too loud.
two different city cops haha.
said it looked like i was overweght but they didnt have scales so to be careful haha.