Dows for removing cam?

Remove wipers, remove cowl, you'll see the rubber plugs.

Use I believe #4 hose claps on the lifters. Buy a 1/2" dowl rod,(availible at a lowes type store) cut a slot about a 1/2" deep into the middle of one end.

Place the hose clamp over the lifter, insert the dowl and tap it gently with a wrench. Pull the lifter and tighten the clamp. Remove the dowl Repeat 11 times.

I used 5/8" dowel rod and ground the ends to a blunt point, tap them into the lifter and lift it up. Use a rubberband going from the intake dowel rod to the exhaust dowel rod for each cylinder.

If you plan to remove the tappets, you will need a piece of 2" PVC cut in half lengthwise to act as a tray. Its fun fishing them into the motor.

Remove wipers, remove cowl, you'll see the rubber plugs.

Use I believe #4 hose claps on the lifters. Buy a 1/2" dowl rod,(availible at a lowes type store) cut a slot about a 1/2" deep into the middle of one end.

Place the hose clamp over the lifter, insert the dowl and tap it gently with a wrench. Pull the lifter and tighten the clamp. Remove the dowl Repeat 11 times.

hose clamp? ive always heard tap them in and rubberband them together...

hose clamp? ive always heard tap them in and rubberband them together...

Ive heard that too. How much do you trust an oil soaked stick to hold that lifter? Especialy if your letting it sit for a while.

here is the way i did mine just make sure you tap them tight you don't want to drop a tappet when the cam is out or else your pulling the oil pan.
P9130169.jpg