DPF Delete and H&S XRT Pro install now problems

syrupdawg

GA Diesel Mafia
I installed a DPF delete and a XRT Pro on a customers truck this week and the day he picked it up he started having a cutting off issue. When is is going slow like idleing around or either just coming to a stop sign the truck will cutoff. The check engine light didnt come on at first but it did this morning. Its throwing a p228F code which is "P228F - Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Exceeded Learning Limits - Too High" I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. He hasnt had any problems before the programmer so thats why im assuming it has something to do with it. I will call h&S when they open today. Thanks

What do you mean by cutting off issue?

Sorry I was thinking Dodge.

Last edited:
Calling H&S is going to be your best bet. To me it sounds like a software issue but that is only a guess.

Have you tried going back to stock then re flashing the tune back on?

No. The owner cleared the code this morning and it hasn't done it since. It has to be in the tune.

Im not sure what version was loaded on the tuner i didn't look but it just came from h&s last week. The truck is bone stock except for what i did.

from a quick google search, seems alot of trucks with air intakes get that code. I dont see it being specific to the H&S tuner though

from a quick google search, seems alot of trucks with air intakes get that code. I dont see it being specific to the H&S tuner though

Yea i saw that too. Oh well ill figure it out and update this thread with results

Update: I updated the tune on the xrt pro from H&S website and reinstalled it on the truck. It didn't change anything still cutting off like before. I got to talking to the owner and he informed me that he had ran a bad tank of fuel through it a few months ago. It had a bunch of water in it. Well ford has already replaced a bunch of the fueling system (injection pump, injectors, etc.). Im thinking his FPR may be bad. He is taking it to the dealership next week to have it looked at.

Back