dpf delete questions

CR785

Alright, kinda new to working on these. I have a 07.5 6.7 in the shop right now. If i put egr blocker plates and and a dpf delete on this truck, whats it going to do as far as codes and what not? I know its going to run good, but the downfall of it? What do i need to do. It has a ppe programer also. Thanks. Also going to put a 2nd gen manifold on it and a turbo but that shouldnt do anything for what i am asking. Thanks.

get in touch with bay area diesel performance they have boxes that you can plug into the connectors on the exhaust to make the truck not go into limp mode.

As far as I know, the only code free solution is Smarty or H&S XRT. I dont think PPE is code free, in fact Im 99% sure it isnt...

Im sure the truck will run better, itll get better mileage, and you wont have it going into regen or sooting up the intake, so your causes of problems are done away with.

If you delete the DPF and block the EGR/remove the EGR cooler, your going to get codes unless one of the above 2 programmers is used. An Edge Juice/Attitude will clear codes on startup, as will the PMT.

I havent seen much from BADP, but have seen what H&S makes, and they have some good stuff, that alot of guys run

Ya i am a ppe dealer, it is not code free. Well lets say i dont run the smarty or xrt, and i do get codes, will it effect performance? Does the bay area kit resolve this?

Or you can put 1/2 watt resistors in the factory connectors and shrink tube them. PM JHurst. We did his truck and so far, no issues. He gets a soft code every now and then, but no show stoppers.

Or you can put 1/2 watt resistors in the factory connectors and shrink tube them. PM JHurst. We did his truck and so far, no issues. He gets a soft code every now and then, but no show stoppers.

I know of several trucks that have this done to them and they all work good with no codes or the occasional soft code. I would say it's the cheapest way to rid yourself of DPF codes.

I wish I had time AND a newer model truck to research all the tricks. I would think you could just weld bungs in the new pipe and use all freakin' THREE of the stock temp senders as is instead of bypassing them. We didin't, just a 330 ohm. The pressure sensor is a little more complicated. It really needs a live fooler box (I think) to keep codes from popping up, but I'm not sure. Anyway, there are vendors on here I'm sure that have spent time and money making this that just plug on and I'm sure someone will jump on here and yell at us for lettin' the "big secret" out too. :D Good luck all you none-EPA-rugulation-havin'-sob's. :hehe:

bay area has the gen3 code free modules now. I dont recommend them over H&S or smarty though. My gf has edge stacked with mp-8, using updated gen2 for code free. No codes, but we're gonna get rid of it and prob go with smarty.

So if i dont want to run the h and s or the smarty, is the resistors my best bet?

Yep! 330ohm resistors work the best. If you run the smarty, you still have to use resistors or the stock probes plugged into their harness. Smarty, might have a new software coming so you don't have to run any foolers, but, leave it to bob for short, half assed answers.:bang

So i unplug the 3 egt sensors, put in 330 ohm resistors in place? What about the pressure sensor and the other lines? Thanks.

So i unplug the 3 egt sensors, put in 330 ohm resistors in place? What about the pressure sensor and the other lines? Thanks.

Pressure sensor requires a voltage divider. Use a 105 ohm and a 390 ohm (IIRC). I don't know the pins though. Search CumminsForum. There is a 13 or 14 page thread on it.

Alright, i got the 330 ohm resistors and a new exhaust kit for the 6.7 that i have to weld in the bungs for the pressure sensors. I am not using the egt sensors, but does anyone know what thread the pressure sensors are? Thanks.

Back