Drag Race gurus can some one break this Time slip down for Me?

JaMan

Local Hero
Well last night I went to the track for the first time since I put every thing back on the truck and only got one pass, as the second pass I broke a shaft :bang.

Can anyone break this down and tell me if my launch was just soft of if I hit lock-up too soon or if I just fell off at the end of the track? I'm no seasoned racer by any means so any help would be appreciated.

Truck is a 4dr sb 4x4 with 35" Toyo muds at 48psi supposed to be a full tranny but with out a intermediate shaft, maybe what broke, I launched on the run at 10psi and hit lock up after 2nd gear hit (maybe too early as it kinda hunkered down and loaded up pretty good before it pulled out again

.5882-reaction time
1.9298- 60 ft
5.2887- 330 ft ? seems slow
8.1168 -1/8mi
86.29- 1/8 mi mph
12.6695 - 1/4 mi
103.23- 1/4 mph

to me the trap seems slow but as I broke on next run I didn't get a back up run and don't know if maybe I lifted early...

Any help would be apreciated as a braek down of my times and positioning along the track.

Thanks Jared

Well last night I went to the track for the first time since I put every thing back on the truck and only got one pass, as the second pass I broke a shaft :bang.

Can anyone break this down and tell me if my launch was just soft of if I hit lock-up too soon or if I just fell off at the end of the track? I'm no seasoned racer by any means so any help would be appreciated.

Truck is a 4dr sb 4x4 with 35" Toyo muds at 48psi supposed to be a full tranny but with out a intermediate shaft, maybe what broke, I launched on the run at 10psi and hit lock up after 2nd gear hit (maybe too early as it kinda hunkered down and loaded up pretty good before it pulled out again

.5882-reaction time
1.9298- 60 ft
5.2887- 330 ft ? seems slow
8.1168 -1/8mi
86.29- 1/8 mi mph
12.6695 - 1/4 mi
103.23- 1/4 mph

to me the trap seems slow but as I broke on next run I didn't get a back up run and don't know if maybe I lifted early...

Any help would be apreciated as a braek down of my times and positioning along the track.

Thanks Jared

60 ft could come down into the 1.7's ..prolly too much tire pressure. 1/8th mile looks pretty good. 1/8th mph looks great. 1/4 trap speed looks pretty low, but your e.t. matches your 1/8th mile e.t. pretty well. you either DID lift early or...maybe you hurt the trans in o/d and didnt realize it yet. i would say trap should been 107-109. your definitely making good power.

I think I must have lifted early as it was the first run in a while and I just wanted to get a feel for the track and the new set up. It felt real good and was pulling when I let off "near" the end of the track. I broke at the line the next run at launch and only rolled a foot. Kinda mad as it was only a 15 psi launch and there was no evidence of spinning on my first launch so will airing down more help? I'm sitting here pouting wondering what times it would have turned after I got a feel for it...

Thanks Jared

I think I must have lifted early as it was the first run in a while and I just wanted to get a feel for the track and the new set up. It felt real good and was pulling when I let off "near" the end of the track. I broke at the line the next run at launch and only rolled a foot. Kinda mad as it was only a 15 psi launch and there was no evidence of spinning on my first launch so will airing down more help? I'm sitting here pouting wondering what times it would have turned after I got a feel for it...

Thanks Jared

nohing to put about there man. thats hauling the mail in a QC ...87 int the 1/8th tells me it has a low 12 in it.

as for tire pressure...play with it. try 40 front 35 rear...then start going down until the 60ft stops getting better or the e.t. and mph suffer. you'll get it. did you spin or anyhing out of the hole? 10 psi sounds a bit low..i leave at 15-20..in my CC ford and cut a 1.759 2 nights ago.

I kinda got caught off gaurd on the first launch and left at 10psi I was planning to leave at 15psi as I attemped on the next run, the last time I ran I was cutting a pretty consistant .2 light so you can tell I was kinda off guard, I was hoping for a mid to low 12. The turbo and injectors cut a solid 2 seconds off since last time. Thanks for the advice and break down...

fix the tranny and add the :nos:that was in the back seat and maybe in the 11's that would be sweet...

Jared

I kinda got caught off gaurd on the first launch and left at 10psi I was planning to leave at 15psi as I attemped on the next run, the last time I ran I was cutting a pretty consistant .2 light so you can tell I was kinda off guard, I was hoping for a mid to low 12. The turbo and injectors cut a solid 2 seconds off since last time. Thanks for the advice and break down...

fix the tranny and add the :nos:that was in the back seat and maybe in the 11's that would be sweet...

Jared

unfortunately reaction times dont affect e.t. if you get a good launch and spray it...11's seem VERY attainable.

Good run Jared, listen to BIGRPOWR he really knows his stuff.

So Biggie, what does 90mph in the 8th with a 2.2 60' say? Does it match 112mph in the 1/4? What would I be looking at if I could get my 60s down to 1.8 or so? Thanks for your expert input!

Good run Jared, listen to BIGRPOWR he really knows his stuff.

So Biggie, what does 90mph in the 8th with a 2.2 60' say? Does it match 112mph in the 1/4? What would I be looking at if I could get my 60s down to 1.8 or so? Thanks for your expert input!

60ft has very little bearing on trap speed.

jared, I leave at 10 on 35's and cut 1.7 60's. If you're running a smarty turn the shift defuel off. That definately cut like 3-4 tenths of my 60