dragon flys vs 370's

impmouse

loaf
would i see a good differance in power going with the flys or should i just get the flows .... any of you guys see a good upgrade of power from the 370's to , ddp4's, flys

Yes you will, Dragon Fly's would suit you better for a daily driver unless you are wanting a set of injectors for special occations. Flows can be driven on the street but it takes the right pump tune (set-up)

The correct setup is not hard to do and every 12V needs it done.

As with any sizeable injector 370's or bigger, anyone running around with the plate and AFC arm removed should be shot, all this does is give 12V's a bad name and cost them both performance and driveability.

P.S. You SPS 62 needs ALLOT more filter!

Jim

I just switched from 370's to Dragon Flows and I can tell you they flow a serious amount of fuel. With my current setup it is almost impossible to drive the truck clean, it's just a constant smoke show especially on the low end. I am putting the stock AFC spring back in and playing with the AFC settings to try to clean up the constant fog. I do love the injectors but as Jim stated you will have to get the pump set up right so you don't look like a coal fire going down the road.

P.S. You SPS 62 needs ALLOT more filter!

??? filter ,,, like a afe ect.....i just put a k&n from summit.... jim i seen your other post on the fuel filter can you sent more pictures on the set up i'm fixen to finish mine up with the -8 lines and fittings

thanks tony

like other people have said go big or go home ... do you think the flows are to big or would the flys support 500-575 ponys.... i still have my old sps 66 and got an sps62 on the truck now and the other one is on my freinds truck but he's taken it off should i go that route,,,, best time on the quarter is 13.00 if i go back with the sps 66 with the flows can i see 12's-12.5's or should i stay with the 62 and the flows or the flys

I run

dragon fly injectors, and they are a HUGE KICK over the 370s that i had previously, they smoke like crazy with full cuts in the pump too, BUT they arent as bad as my 370s were. The kick in the seat of the pants is great too, I pulled back my plate for now, but that IP wont be there much longer anyways...

Just FYI with

Rips twins, 181's and 370s, i cleared smoke quick and put down only 450 rwhp
With full cuts in the 215, and dragonflys the truck feels at least 70-80 horses stronger with plate at full forward, had to back it off to sorta control the smoke...

Rick

Last edited:
shopped around ,,,,
where was i going to find them ?.... tell me i'd like to know .... all the injectors out there that are equal to one another are all up there in price "good" injectors 900-1000 so what kinda price should i have payed ....

call it like i see it

Correct, there are two types of injectors to me: The $1000 ones' and 370's

You will have good luck with the flows, I've had a set now for almost 3 years!

Jim