Draw straw

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Is anyone having any problems with the draw straw when you run your tank down to 1/4 of a tank or less. If i stop fast or take off my fuel pressure drops down to 0 psi on my 24valve. Just wondering how i can fix this problems????

jktcummins said:
Is anyone having any problems with the draw straw when you run your tank down to 1/4 of a tank or less. If i stop fast or take off my fuel pressure drops down to 0 psi on my 24valve. Just wondering how i can fix this problems????

I already started a thread about this ( in the 3rd Gen. forum)....Had my FASS installed and the pick up tube fass suplied would leave me stranded and almost got me killed at before 1/4 tank....

Took it to Garmon's and he tapped the tube and threaded in an extension. Then we cut it where is sits on the bottom of the tank...Then he ground 3 passage ways for fuel pickup around the bottom.....

I got down to around 1/8 tank this time........I've heard that there is no way to make it work like stock unless you tie in to the the stock pickup to feed the FASS but then you may have a flow problem again......

Also, Glacier has a flexible tube that you can order that can be cut to length and then cut 1/4 inch wedges around the bottom.......(Lots of info on my thread by other members).........I ordered the tube from Glacier and Jeff G. looked at it and decided to make his own using the metal FASS tube....I've gotta send the Glacier tube back ..........Unless you want to buy it??

Good luck!!!!!!!!$.02

To hell with draw tubes...I put a -8 bulkhead fiting on the bottom edge of my tank with a hose going straight to the FASS.

UNBROKEN said:
To hell with draw tubes...I put a -8 bulkhead fiting on the bottom edge of my tank with a hose going straight to the FASS.

That shet ain't gonna pass tech thou...

i put a filter sockaround my pickup tube and no more problems...

Extended Power said:
That shet ain't gonna pass tech thou...
No issues with that to date....if I do I'll go to the billet sump from DI mentioned above...which they still carry BTW.

UNBROKEN said:
No issues with that to date....if I do I'll go to the billet sump from DI mentioned above...which they still carry BTW.
Thanks, how much are they Rich?

Man...I really don't remember. They are nice though. I was gonna do one a long time ago but was worried about dragging in off on something. NOt and issue for 99.9% of Super Duty's out there. LOL

One of these days when your done with your swap I will look at where you put your fitting. Did you find your snake?

I cut my draw straw to sit flat on the bottom of the tank, and then cut an angle on it to allow fuel pick up. I go down to 1/8 of a tank almost every tank, and have had no problems.