Drive pressure Readings

cummins724

BREAKING $HIT
What are you guys seeing for readings? I just installed a drive pressure gauge and I want to see how my readings stack up to other combos? I'm at 1:1 ratio up until about 30psi boost, then it goes to about a 1:1.2 Ratio.

Boost runs about 5lbs under drive up to 35psi, but I'm still tweeking my vgt setup.

These injectors fuel very hard up top, I've seen boost 45, Drive 50psi already. I'm only seeing 1300* at 90mph pushing 55psi. I have the gate set at 45psi. It is spring loaded, not canister.

1:1 @ 58psi with my ED 66/73/13ss. it's too cold now to really play with tuning. ill turn up the boost until it's not 1:1 :)

Last edited:
Interesting Heath. Mine had the 71 wheel on it and 13cm housing. Figured yours would have been better.

4 years ago when I last checked mine it was 60psi to 90psi drive. I took the gauge off and said ill never look at that again...lol

Interesting Heath. Mine had the 71 wheel on it and 13cm housing. Figured yours would have been better.

Ditto. Being a sledpuller, I want a little extra drivepressure to keep the turbine turning down track. I'm just trying to figure how much more fuel I can go. I sure don't want to shatter another charger. Were those numbers with the cam Tyler? I'm thinking of going with a cam, I'm still stock.

Last edited:
I have it gated so once it hits it everything is 1:1. It goes from 15-40+ faster than you can snap your fingers.

How did you plumb your gauge in jamie?

The usual, 1/4" coiled copper to 1/8" plastic going into the cab. I'm using a 0-100psi oil pressure gauge. I didn't put a filter in line yet. I don't plan on leaving it on there. Just till I get my new setup dialed in right.

I want a little extra drivepressure to keep the turbine turning down track

You never want more drive pressure, it robs hp in more ways than one. You want the turbo to be more efficient. More power keeps it spooled by not dropping rpm's at the end.

You never want more drive pressure, it robs hp in more ways than one. You want the turbo to be more efficient. More power keeps it spooled by not dropping rpm's at the end.

Learn something new every day. With age comes wisdom I guess. LOL How are the rules in our area toward ext. wastegates in the 2.6 class? I don't know anyone running one, but rules don't say anything?

7 psi boost 9 psi drive while cruising at 65 mph, 45 psi boost 65 psi drive at WOT

Jamie that was with cam. Pre cam I was running a 62/71/13ss and the drive pressures were the same. 1:1 at 45psi.

Is it me, or do the p-pumped trucks tend to run more drive then boost?

I think it is combustion efficiency and density. A big reason the CR is easier to get big power.

Back