Driveline Shudder 2012 Mega Cab

brucer

What's better, lower carrier bearing or go to the one piece drive shaft?

when I talked to the dodge parts guy he reads off the dodge one piece description 'tip' which says "do not use one piece driveshaft in place of two piece to correct driveline shudder" ROFL - nothin like recognizing a problem and doing nothing about it. ...apparently lotta guys have this shudder even at stock height. One piece is over $900 from the dealer.

The shudder happens every time I accelerate from a dead stop.

ladder bars or a rear stabilizer will help. It's because the rear end is so light and the transferring TQ to the wheels. I've seen a lot of guys happy going with a one piece. You can get a custom shaft here......

http://www.doghousediesel.com/catalog/i429.html

Thanks. Pardon my ignorance but do you mean a rear sway bar by 'rear stabilizer'?

I put a 3/4" spacer made from flat bar between the bracket and my carrier and the shudder has disappeared - guessin I'll be callin doghouse at some point though.

Hmmm... My boss has been telling me that is '10 just started to do this. But he says it shutters when he comes to a stop or when he takes off. I wonder if this could be the same thing??

Might have to look into this for him. Its sad that these trucks need extra crap to fix sh!t from the factory. And my boss' truck only has 40K on it.

Last edited:
Thanks. Pardon my ignorance but do you mean a rear sway bar by 'rear stabilizer'?

I put a 3/4" spacer made from flat bar between the bracket and my carrier and the shudder has disappeared - guessin I'll be callin doghouse at some point though.

Yeah, I meant rear sway bar. The new truck may have them?? I put one on my truck when I first bought it and it helped a lot. Got rid of the wheel hoop and shutter. A one piece would definitely help but, may not get rid of all of it.

Hmmm... My boss has been telling me that is '10 just started to do this. But he says it shutters when he comes to a stop or when he takes off. I wonder if this could be the same thing??

Might have to look into this for him. Its sad that these trucks need extra crap to fix sh!t from the factory. And my boss' truck only has 40K on it.

It would be worth a try, was pretty easy.

Yeah, I meant rear sway bar. The new truck may have them?? I put one on my truck when I first bought it and it helped a lot. Got rid of the wheel hoop and shutter. A one piece would definitely help but, may not get rid of all of it.

Mine didn't come with one anyway, I'll have to look for one.

Did you put the spacer between the carrier bearing and the support?

Yep, here's what I did:
picture.php