driveshaft length

Are the driveshafts in auto and manual truck the same length if its a ext cab long bed? Thanks

NO. front driveshaft is shorter and rear is longer in a manual. converted mine from auto to manual and had to shorten front and lengthen first rear shaft.

well mine worked i took a driveshaft from 96 man, and put it in my auto, it was a half inch shorter. Thanks for the help

I put one in mine from a manual in the front, I ended up twisting the splines, because of the lack of engagement.

well mine worked i took a driveshaft from 96 man, and put it in my auto, it was a half inch shorter. Thanks for the help

it's almost exactly 1 inch. If your suspension travels all the way in the front and that shaft bottoms out, it's going to break something. The rear is not as big of a deal though the more spline engagement the better. At a minimum I would shorten that front. It only cost me $45 to have the front one done.

it's almost exactly 1 inch. If your suspension travels all the way in the front and that shaft bottoms out, it's going to break something. The rear is not as big of a deal though the more spline engagement the better. At a minimum I would shorten that front. It only cost me $45 to have the front one done.

I think the manual front driveshaft is shorter, than an auto.

Back