****driveshaft ?****

solostyle

OzoneKilla
Im getting a weird noise from the front driveshaft. A grinding type noise. I removed the drive shaft and the noise went away. I replace the yoke and the u-joints. I still have that noise. Like I said, It went away when I removed the front driveshaft...any thoughts?

IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU NEED A LONGER BALANCED FRONT DRIVESHAFT. 8" is a lot of lift And driveline vibrations are very common at that height. Mayyour knuckles are slightly rubbing

i didnt have this problem when i first lifted the truck. I was considering buying a transfer case clock kit to drop the angle a little bit.....

in the middle of the shaft? or do you mean the end that bolts to the transfer case? I replaced the end that bolts to the transfer case....

I would definately say get that t-case clocked down. I know on my buddy's 9" lift there's no way in hell the front driveshaft would even come close to working and I can't imagine that 8" would be much better. Your driveline angles are way out of whack and it's starting to take it's toll. Also, I'd change out all the joints in the front driveshaft that you haven't done after you clocked the t-case down.