Dropped Valve seat??????

jktcummins

24v GOD!!!! HAHAHA
Yesterday i fired my truck up to pull out from a trailer. It started clacking throught the exhaust. Pulled in up to the shop and pulled the injectors out and made a tool to stick back in the hole to push air into the cylinder. I back the rocker arms off so that both valves would be closed. On number 4 it blows air out the pyro hole.

The only reason i am thinking its the valve seats is because when i pulled my head for the head gasket and headwork i noticed it had the pressed in seats.

Has anyone had any problems like this and if so what do you to do fix it???? I have heard about people putting oversized seats in. Anyway any advise???

If the motor is clacking real bad then you could have quite possibly trashed that cylinder. If your lucky it only trashed the head and piston. It's happened to a couple of my buddy's with pressed in seats. On one of them we had driven the truck about a hundred miles, shut it off, fired it up 5 minutes later to go grab a bite to eat and you heard a fluttering noise coming from the stacks. Pulled the valve cover off and one of the rockers was about to fall off it was so loose. He tried driving it the 70 miles home but only made it about halfway. Trashed the motor doing that.

Nah. He sold the truck to hamilton diesel and got an 03. It's actually buck's truck now. Dark grey regular cab longbed 4wd. Made over 1000hp on nitrous or something like that.