DTC Codes?

06f250sd

Poluter
What would cause codes P0267 and P0273 to come up at once? Oil was changed 2000 miles ago, using synthetic oil. Truck has been running like crap since last week and this morning the check engine light came on. The truck was only driven twice since last week...it sounds like someone put a cam in at when I first start up.

P0267 INJ Cylinder #3 injector circuit low Open circuit, fuel injector, FICM connector loose, FICM

P0273 INJ Cylinder #5 injector circuit low Open circuit, fuel injector, FICM connector loose, FICM

Any ideas on what to check? Could bad diesel have caused this? I've been getting gas at the same place for the last year.

Thanks for your help
-Jason

The FICM is the control module on top of the driver's side valve cover. Check the 2 plugs on it. Codes are for those connectors being loose. Your truck is an 06 so this issue should have been fixed but check your coolant recirc. valve (it's in the heater hose over top the passenger side valve cover) to make sure the hose clamps are not chaffing the injector wiring harness.

The only codes that came up on my SCT were the ones above. I had a mass air flow sensor go out a week prior which only showed up using a scanner, but as far as I know no soft codes are showing up now.

Ok, so the cel shut off that same afternoon. Any other ideas? I checked the plugs on the ficm and they are on. There are no wires that are frayed. Could it be the mass sensor again? I'm all ears :bang

So I took the truck down and had it scanned, it ended up being a bad injector #6 and maybe #4. It will be going into Ford for warranty work next week :rockwoot:

Back