DTT 4X4 47RH For Sale

KentuckyRumbler

Parted out my '95, and have only the trans left. i wasn't gonna sell it, but I have absolutely nothing to put it in....so, sorry to let it go, but I'm gonna sell it.

47RH DTT built personally by Bill. All the bells and whistles, billet everything 'cept the output and intermediate shaft. All the pistons, servos, input shaft, drum etc etc. Triple disk billet TC, and tuned for twins and 700+ HP. Unit has 14,000 miles, of which 12,000 or so are highway miles traveling from Alaska to Florida then to Kentucky. It is still in otherwise brand new condition and I guarantee it's operation. It never pulled a sled, and only saw the track a few times at Beech Bend.

I have placed it on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260342718074&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&viewitem= but will cancel early if I get a good enough nibble here.

I am throwing in the Billet Flexplate as well as all 1/2" aeroquip braided cooler lines to fit the factory coolers. Total I have $6800 in this trans package, and am willing to let it go for a whole lot less than that. It's a great deal for someone. Post up any Q's and I'll get back to them as soon as i can!

Thanks
Chris

Sure, I'd ship it to Maine. Just a matter of working out what type of shipping you'd like to use. I'll palletize, wrap and secure the trans. I can cut down a 48x48 pallet to fit the trans to ease on the dimension if necessary. It'll weigh about 350 pounds total. Origin zip is 62080 (Ramsey, IL)for freight estimate research. I will deliver the trans up to 50 miles to a better shipping location if necessry, or can deliver farther for the right motivation :)

Let me know....
Chris

I've had a few questions regarding the compatibility of the RH (hydraulic) in an RE (electronic) application. Remember, the 47RH is just a modified 727 from yesteryear. With the addition of an OD unit and revised hydraulics for a lock-up converter, this trans is still able to stand alone in any vehicle. As long as the throttle valve cable is hooked up, it'll shift 1-2-3 just like any other older automatic. The addition of OD and lock-up required a simple wiring harness. Three wires is all there is...a common positive, and 2 switched grounds. They control two solenoid valves, one for the OD application, and one for the lock-up application. These two solenoid valves can be controlled in two fashions...either by toggle switch(s), the crude way, or by using hobbs pressure switches plumbed into the pressure test ports. As speed increases, so does a pressure signal in the test port. You simply adjust the pressure switch to a desired pressure to speed relationship, and when that pressure is reached, for example 60 psi at 60 mph...the switch closes and energizes the OD solenoid. When speed decreases below your set point, and OD should disengage, the pressure switch will see this drop in pressure and open the circuit, defeating OD. The lock-up can be controlled by a second pressure switch, or more optimally a toggle switch. It's the old fashioned mystery switch...use it when you want it. Of course, knowing when and why to use it, and not to damage anything!! That's the easy part.

The next variable is the vehicle. Your PCM will no longer "see" a trans, because the factory harness won't be hooked up to it. Now for a 96-98 12 valve, no big deal, just pull the check engine bulb, or live with it. It WILL throw a code though, but won't hamper the motor or vehicle, with the exception of maybe the cruise control, I don't know for sure. For an ISB however, it might do weird things to the engine management, I have no idea really, someone who has swapped a 5sp in place of their RE, or swapped in an RH might know better, and they can chime in. But, I imagine there will be complications of some sort.

The moral, the RH was only used in 94 and 95, after that the RE was the trans of choice, even in pre ISB 12 valves in 96 - 98. Prior to 94, I have no idea, but I believe they were basic 3spd 727's w/o lock-up and OD. In any case, the RH is no big deal to hook up in these years, or ANY earlier year for that matter, and you get the benefit of OD and a lock-up.

Chris

1st gen non-intercooled trucks had a 727 3sp auto

1st gen intercooled trucks had an A518 overdrive transmission that used a TPS, but no, it wouldn't be a difficult conversion on a 1st gen IMO

how much ?????????????????????

I'd be happy with $3K....which is less than half price of new, and this unit is way more than in half new condition... But I'm real as well, so I'll entertain serious offers otherwise and see what happens.

I'd be happy with $3K....which is less than half price of new, and this unit is way more than in half new condition... But I'm real as well, so I'll entertain serious offers otherwise and see what happens.

Man, I so wish this was April, and I had my taxes back. I need an auto for my 95 4x4, have been talking with Goerend about one, but this would definately fit the bill.

And, if you're in Ramsey, I make it through Vandalia almost weekly, could simply toss it in my semi. I think I could live with it riding around for awhile, lol. Had a set of American Eagle wheels ride in the bunk for 1 week, cargo net worked great.

I hope it sells for ya, but I would love to be able to grab it when my return gets here otherwise.

I know you probably wouldn't be interested in a swap for a NV4500 and a southbend single would ya? I've wanted to do an auto swap for awhile or just have a 47rh built but the funds won't allow. If interested let me know if not, I wish ya luck on the sale that's a smokin deal on that tranny!!

Back