Dtt advice

regulator

500+hp DIY Trans Upgrade kit
List Price: $2,895.00
Our Price: $2,840.00
Savings: $55.00

DTT has custom designed you a DIY kit that will offer you the highest end components at the most reasonable prices. This kit will offer you all the parts needed to hand 500+hp and 1000+ft lbs. This eliminates the guess work, plus DTT is the only company that offers you full tech support with the actually designer of this kits.

This kit has actually been run at over 700hp

Kit Includes:
Billet 3 Disk TC
DTT HD Valve Body Kit
DTT Billet Servo
DTT Billet Accumulator
DTT Billet Strut
DTT Billet Anchor
DTT Apply Lever
DTT HD master kit
Billet Input Shaft

Does anybody have any experience with this kit. I know it might sound a little pricey compared to you guys that have already built a tranny and know what parts to get individually. I've rebuilt other autos but never a 47rh. I just thought this might take a little guess work out of it. I've read just about all the transmission posts on here. I'm envious of you guys that have done your own tranny. My trucks a ~4500# 1/2 ton 2wd about 550hp dd/drag. Any advice on the price or DTT in general would be great. Thanks in advance, Tom Wolfe

You may also want to see what Dave Goerend has to offer. Thanks Steve B.

I went with TRE Diesel & didnt spend near that much, I didnt get the billet input though. I also callled a couple times during the rebuild & always got quick answers to my questions, I had never built an auto so that was worth a lot to me.

DTT is a bit pricey, and while I like Stephan, when you get stumped, their help isn't much help... :( And long distance to Canada sucks...

My suggestion: Get your Converter from DPC (that's where their's come from) get a Precision Industries billet input (700M material, cryo treated) and then the rest from other sources... As for the shift kit, Transgo beats the tar out of DTT's kit. More pressure, firmer shifts. Then just get a full rebuild kit from Goerend. It has EVERYTHING you need.... DTT doesn't give you the new rear sun gear (they wear commonly) new rear band, new torrington bearings, or even new thrust washers!!!

I'm not opposed to having a shop do it. I'm in ny and you know how expensive shipping these is. Thanks for your help guys

Call Goerend, he can get you all of the stuff you need!

yah, Really, DTT's overhaul kit is expensive compared to Goerends just because of how much less stuff you get with it...

OR, if you want to save some money, get ahold of Stan (BlackSkyRacing) on here. he built my tranny and it's rock solid. He can tell you what you need and he KNOWS how to make a tranny hold on a budget. He's like a Dodge tranny god! Send him a PM and talk to him....

I have used four of these kits from DTT and I have no complaints about the product, I have compounds on my personal truck and it takes a beating with no issues and another trans is in an 04 with dual pumps and no issues.
The only complaint I have is the last two builds took 2.5 months to get all the parts from DTT.

My wife and I are going to take a down south in 2 weeks. I'm gonna give TRE a call, are they in virginia? If they are they would be the closest to me. Thanks for all your input guys, Ill keep you posted.

regulator, theres a guy in maryland, Anthonys Automatics, does real good work and very reasonable. I personally use him for transmission rebuilds. his stuff is top notch and is very good with customer service. id post a link to his website but i dont want to step on any toes on here, PM me for more info.

COdy

Without going into detail, I'll just say that DTT charges a premium for an average product. Look in to other vendors please and do yourself a favor.

I bought the "master" kit as DTT calls it. Really all you get is a couple of bushings, 4 fronts (stock count), 5 directs (+1 and piston), 10 od-directs, and stock count OD brakes. Oh and the 40$ seal kit from Transtar...

It was a major waste of time and money being that it lacked many components to be a "master kit".

I know Revmax also sells a DIY kit now, extra clutches in every pack I believe. I used their converter and valvebody and had a great experience with quick shipping.

Georend ALL THE Way if you're just buying parts / a kit!!

Too too many stories (bad) about DTT.... Just search.

I'd send the valve body to Darren Morrison. You'll love it.

Sent from my paperweight

My old dtt has nearly 200k miles on it and has only had regular fluid changes. Lord knows how many boosted launches and locked shifts.

Goerends customer service sets them apart from everyone else, and their works not bad either.

Goerends customer service sets them apart from everyone else, and their works not bad either.

I've heard great things about Goerend as well. I've never used him because I'm only a hour away from Darren. But there's no better converter warranty in the industry than DPC. And if you're anywhere in the southeast there's no better transmission builder than Darren Morrison.

Sent from my paperweight