DTT transmission

hydrant

Does any one have one here? After a long time saving and careful research DTT seems like one of the best ways to go. I'm ready to order one and was hoping to hear some rave reviews before giving the deposit.
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Do you have many miles on it? Did you notice the power getting down better? How does it shift?

I have one...I love it, although for the chargers I run I could use a little looser converter. Nothing major;)

Shifts great, holds fine, and I happen to have an excellent dealer.

Where are you located?
Chris

I'm in Calgary Alberta so I'm going to be driving to DTT and they themselves will be installing. A small part or the decision was based on DTT being Canadian. Can you explain the whole looser, tighter thing for autos, manuals, and faster or slower chargers? Is it to keep the smoke down?

Thanks for the reply. Do you have many miles on it? Did you notice the power getting down better? How does it shift?

I have approx 100 miles.

My 160hp engine+DTT tranny is faster then '04 325Hp stock CR.

i ahve 550hp or so on my DTT, i have 50k on it, holds great, shifts great, tows great. i had mine build by DTT and shipped to me for installation.

Got there full billet tranny in mine and it's great. Holds 20psi 4wd launches with ease.

I'm in Calgary Alberta so I'm going to be driving to DTT and they themselves will be installing. A small part or the decision was based on DTT being Canadian. Can you explain the whole looser, tighter thing for autos, manuals, and faster or slower chargers? Is it to keep the smoke down?

A looser converter allows the engine to "rev up" farther to spool the chargers easier...less smoke for daily driving. The trade off is the truck doesn't feel quite as nice to drive because it does take more RPM to get moving.

Bigger charger spool slower...especially on a 12v;)
Chris

i ahve 550hp or so on my DTT, i have 50k on it, holds great, shifts great, tows great. i had mine build by DTT and shipped to me for installation.

Nice. I believe to be running around the same power so it's good to see some higher milers.

Got there full billet tranny in mine and it's great. Holds 20psi 4wd launches with ease.

Full meaning input, intermediate and output? I don't plan on doing launches like that so depending on what they suggest am planning on just input.

A looser converter allows the engine to "rev up" farther to spool the chargers easier...less smoke for daily driving. The trade off is the truck doesn't feel quite as nice to drive because it does take more RPM to get moving.

Bigger charger spool slower...especially on a 12v;)
Chris

I have BD twins, They spool fairly fast so like you say I would be hoping to get away with a tighter convertor for better feel, more power to the ground.

I run one, it's been on the same build (yes clutches too) since the fall of 03' were I finally broke 700 hp and the power has been there or better since......70k or so now....kind of hard to remember.

Jim

Full meaning input, intermediate and output? I don't plan on doing launches like that so depending on what they suggest am planning on just input.

No intermediate but input/output. They didn't recommend an intermediate for me so I didn't buy one. The factory intermediates can take a beating so I'm not to worried. I would definitely go ahead and do the input at least. Much cheaper to do it when the trans is down and being built the first time than it is to have the trans pulled and torn down a 2nd time.

Theres a local guy here thats been running a DTT on his cummins 12v puller for years. Don't know how much power he makes but he usually wins everywhere.

I have BD twins, They spool fairly fast so like you say I would be hoping to get away with a tighter convertor for better feel, more power to the ground.

You should be fine with a DTT, unless you're at altitude, then it could be a little smokey on spoolup. Those BD Twins spool pretty nice!

Chris

One DTT tranny ordered up. Billet flexplate, Torque convertor, and input. intermediate and output not neccesary due to no 4 wheel drive launches. Install scheduled for July 31. Can't wait. Thanks for the replies.

my brother just order his full billet dtt tranny from mass diesel and its going up this weekend i think, i can't wait to go for a ride when its done.