dual cp 3 fuel pressure

desertchecker

Question for those of you who have the dualcp3 mod, What fuel pressure are you running that you have found works best overall with the twin cp3s ? :pop:

2006 QC 4x4 48re HTS HTT SS 66/71/16 Don M Fluxs shied fire rings studs AFE TST Smarty MP8 PPE dual cp3s FASS 150 Spearco Intercooler Gauges

Last edited:
I have ran anywhere from 1o psi to 25 psi and see no real difference

Dual CP3

Mine are showing just under and just over 25psi at wot,... it only moves a couple tenths. I am very pleased.

Depending on what your looking for the fuel pressure can be of great importance.Last year when I was running the hyper drive cp3(oversped factory pump) Chris at Relentless Diesel figured out that if you run over 80psi of fuel pressure you can actually gain performance from it.The reasoning for this is the gear pump on the cp3 makes 80 psi of internal pressure to feed the plungers and barrels,if you run over that you can actually move more fuel through the pump.I ran 140psi on that set up just as I do know with the dual cp3's.The 140psi from the mitusa pump on a single cp3 was worth 80hp.Now on a a truck with dual cp3's that isnt going really radical this isnt necassary,but for the guy that is going all out big pressure means more horsepower.If you arent planning on puching the dual pumps to the max fuel pressure in the 15-30 psi range is more than sufficent.This is just one of the tricks I have learned in the pursuit of more power.

hmm,that makes perfect sense RC. What kind of pressure was it at idle? I think I remember some stuff about the set up. I will give you a shout in the AM. :D

Heard that there is a bigger Mitusa pump to be had? Im wanting to up grade my fuel system and was lookin at the GDP fuel boss but then heard about the bigger Mitusa pump. Any info on this pump or where to get one? Lookin at these systems for future modds:rockwoot:

Last edited:
I have a fuel cooler on my return line which empties into the factory canister in the tank.I had vulcan performance modify one of their 1/2 lined draw straw so I could have two returrns,one factory and one for the big mitusa pump.

Cool...Opie had suggested I run one a while back when I was talking to him about the MITUSA.

Mitusa pump

RCCX said:
I have a fuel cooler on my return line which empties into the factory canister in the tank.I had vulcan performance modify one of their 1/2 lined draw straw so I could have two returrns,one factory and one for the big mitusa pump.

RC,

Isn't the Mitusa pump belt driven? Aren't you running the dual cp3 setup of Relentless? So how does that work out,.. are they both using the same belt or is this a dual belt system? Any good pics of both on the front of your truck?

Tks.

And to think, that last year I had to argue with people that "pressure" to the CP3 pump does make a difference!

John

OT-OF-Here said:
RC,

Isn't the Mitusa pump belt driven? Aren't you running the dual cp3 setup of Relentless? So how does that work out,.. are they both using the same belt or is this a dual belt system? Any good pics of both on the front of your truck?

Tks.

It runs off of a seperate belt! Check out Glaciers site and look at the Fuel Boss, has a pic for ya to look at!

Not to Hy jack the thred But a quick question?

Good stuf Dodge guys! There are a few of us running the Mitusa on the D max
Me and a few others. It is the way to go. How are you commanding so much rail psi with the 2nd cp3 . We D max guys can only regester about 26,000 on the rail as that is all the FPR will register. I ran a command 26,500 with a dual cp3 and MITUSA and held 26K all day long.

Is there any harm in running 45-55 PSI?

Just no real gains unless you run over 80?

Floor It said:
And to think, that last year I had to argue with people that "pressure" to the CP3 pump does make a difference!

John
Hi John,
So running 55psi isn't required in your opinion?

Thanks,
Scott

Back