Dual CP3 fuel pressure ?

dieselpriest

im installing A PPE dual CP3 kit. It looks like they only want 15psi feeding the pumps. is this important? and why?
thanks

Last edited:
Mine hates being over 12psi.

It can/will hang the rail when cold and likely throw a "Fuel Delivery Error" code.

Mine had a slight lope off idle with 19psi. Its the dmax fca that doesn't like the higher pressure. I put a cummins fca on the dmax pump and never had any more issues with the higher lift pump pressure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I changed FCA to Cummins AND swapped to a ATS controller..and now I can go 15+ and be fine.

FCA alone didn't solve it for me.

Im just trying to figure out why mine has the most annoying jerk at 55-65mph crusing down the road..its driving me crazy!!

I'm running 26+ - to the stock cp3 for a long time and have never had any problems. However if I'm understanding you guys correctly this will cause a problem with the dual CP3 setup?

If the dual cp3 kit utilizes a Duramax top pump...yes Priest.

I'm running dual, stock pumps with 23psi at idle that drops to around 13psi at WOT with no problems. Early '07 5.9

There is a certain someone running 3 Cummins cp3's and feeds them with ~80psi... Just saying.