Dual disk and a ZF 5 speed

jeremy153624

First off im not really sure where to put this thread but this seemed like the right spot. I have a 1990 Ford f350 with a 12 valve cummins in it, mated to the gas ZF five speed. I have a Kennys dual disk clutch in it, its nothing to fancy just a 3250 diaphram stlye pressure plate. My problem is when i put the slave cylinder in it was super tight, and as i drag raced, pulled, and drove it, it started slipping. Turns out as the clutch wears the fingers come out on the pressure plate thus loosing pressure because my slave cylinder is holding pressure on it. I was considering spacing the transmission back a little bit but then the input shaft would barely be in the pilot bearing. Has anyone had any experience with this before. Thanks for any input

Huh Im glad you brought this up, when I put the slave cylinder in mine it was super tight too. That was with a valair dual disk and ford cummins adapter plate.

Well my clutch hasnt started slipping yet, but now Im wondering when it will. In all honesty Ill be happy when my valair clutch goes out. Maybe this slave cylinder deal has something to do with it, but that valair clutch is the worst part of my conversion. It chatters so loud at idle you cant hear the engine and is super grabby. Every time I pull up somewhere at leave the truck running people always ask me whats wrong with it.

Im considering switching to a big single disk unless i can figure something out. A buddy suggested to take some of the slave cylinder rod off, I dunno, im gonna keep asking around before i do anything. Plus its about to get parked for the winter here shortly.

Build a new shorter rod out of some bar stock, or space the slave with washers to see if that works

Back