dual disk south bend clutch question

csummers

i just recently bought a 12valve and it has a south bend 3850 dual disk feramic button clutch in it with the upgraded hydralics and input shaft.when the clutch pedal is pushed down it sounds like its grinding flywheel bolts lol the guy i bought it from told me it was just a dual disk thing and its normal and i had som1 tell me today that it sounds like my throwout bearing or possibly my input shaft bearing is toast? what do you guys think

Totally normal. I know of 4 or 5 trucks with dual discs and they all make that noise.

The older style with no isolators between the flywheel and floater plate make that noise. My newer one with the isolators is deadly quiet with the clutch disengaged.

I had the same clutch before in my truck, nothing to be concerned about. When I sent it in to south bend they ended up sending me back the newer style but yest mine made the same noise for over a year.

I told Peter to take the dampened floater plate out of my 3250 street dual disc after driving/pulling a SBC 3850 for 8-ish years I've come to love that rattle!

haaha yea i kno what you mean i loke it to but i just wanted to make sure it was suppost to do it!

Back