dual exhaust

IIRC you can get a set of duals from MBRP and maybe Grand Rock, I'm really not sure.

I love my duals

I had a local shop build mine because it was before any kit where out. I have dual 5's with 6" tips.:rockwoot:

TJSHOTROD said:
I had a local shop build mine because it was before any kit where out. I have dual 5's with 6" tips.:rockwoot:

awesome!! how do u like it? and do u have mufflers or just straight exhaust?

I might go this route, as i cant find dual 5'', although dual 4'' would prob be plenty a flow.

Smoker

I don't know how much water this holds - but I was researching exhaust systems today and reading past forums on the silverline systems. Heres what one guy had to say - hope it helps:

"i am getting the dual silverline system from a place in tennessee, i actually called the guy to order an MBRP setup cause they sell both, and in the middle of the conversation he said , "hey do you know about the ANSA silverline setups" i said no, and he said they are like identical to the MBRP, and yes that silverline first sold the plans to MBRP and now they are in a legal battle because the systems are so similiar. Anyways, he was going to give me the MBRP cool duals, shipped to my house for 1050, and i asked about the silverline and he quoted me 899. I asked him the differences, since they sell them both and he wasnt gonna lose a sale either way and his response was, "i put the on tons of trucks all the time, both MBRP and Silverline, i own this company, and i Run the silverline on my truck" i like the silverline cause its one smooth pipe comin off the turbo and there isnt a break in the system like MBRp to delted the cat. Well All in all i chose the Silverline Dual setup, 899 shipped to my house. He told me that silverline is usually more expensive, but since this court matter, they have lowered their price to stab MBRP in the back."

I don't think silverline is manufactured in the U.S. - where as MBRP is, to me its worth spending a little more to get the made in USA parts, but thats personal opinion. Good luck

Rob

Smoker17 said:
awesome!! how do u like it? and do u have mufflers or just straight exhaust?

I might go this route, as i cant find dual 5'', although dual 4'' would prob be plenty a flow.

Smoker

I have 5" from the turbo back and it is straight piped but I had it made when I was still running a single. I can't fit a 37" spare under my truck so mine is a single 5 till after the axle then splits. I was worried the smoke would be unbalanced but it is pretty equal. I already was 5" back to the axle when I took it to the shop and they just made the bends over the axle and finished it off. I think it was like 400 bucks.

TJ

hey Smoker17 where at in idaho do you live we put the mbrp 4" cool duals on the wifes truck and they have the 6" tips we realy like it if your around southern idaho let me know also have you been to www.idahobombersforum.com its a bunch of us diesel heads here in idaho

cahammer said:
hey Smoker17 where at in idaho do you live we put the mbrp 4" cool duals on the wifes truck and they have the 6" tips we realy like it if your around southern idaho let me know also have you been to www.idahobombersforum.com its a bunch of us diesel heads here in idaho

Hammer,

I live in Coeur d' alene, probably a bit north of ya, where abouts are you?

thx for the link ill check it out.

I'm a Moscow resident myself. :)

I have the silverline single 4". I was going to go with the dual, but I couldn't be the price.

If you order, you might as well get the 409 stainless and save money on getting the 305 (I THINK those are the right numbers... Not 100%). They say that the numerically lower number (305 I think) is a stronger stainless the the numerically higher number (the 409)... After beating the "weaker" metal into submission with a hammer, I'm confident that the price increase to the "stronger" stainless isn't worth the cost.

One thing that pissed me off about the Silverline was that one of the hangers was welded on WRONG! Finally just cut the little SOB off and didn't use that hanger (the one on the downpipe that goes next to the transmission).

I would probably buy silverline again if the price was right.

MD-LUCKY said:
I'm a Moscow resident myself. :)

I have the silverline single 4". I was going to go with the dual, but I couldn't be the price.

If you order, you might as well get the 409 stainless and save money on getting the 305 (I THINK those are the right numbers... Not 100%). They say that the numerically lower number (305 I think) is a stronger stainless the the numerically higher number (the 409)... After beating the "weaker" metal into submission with a hammer, I'm confident that the price increase to the "stronger" stainless isn't worth the cost.

One thing that pissed me off about the Silverline was that one of the hangers was welded on WRONG! Finally just cut the little SOB off and didn't use that hanger (the one on the downpipe that goes next to the transmission).

I would probably buy silverline again if the price was right.

thanks for the info, i have heard the same about the stainless numbers, I still cant make up my mind on dual 4 inchers or jsut runa single 5''. I have friends in moscow in school and ****, although the drive down is nutts sometimes.